MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Oakley PCB available - Looping ADSR & VCA
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author New Oakley PCB available - Looping ADSR & VCA
jfm3
Jeff loves to pipe up and complain about MOTM as much as possible.

Sorry you're so bitter Jeff. Must be rough.
JohnLRice
synthetic wrote:
Hey I like MOTM format too. But how many modules released in that format in the last three years, compared to MU, compared to Euro?

How many kinds of new apples have been created in the last three years compared to candybars? Apples are dead! My next purchase is going to be a candy bar! razz lol
synthetic
Shit, I'm sorry fanboiz. waah
JohnLRice
synthetic wrote:
Shit, I'm sorry fanboiz. waah

sokay, sweet synthetic, we still luvs ya! Hug Lotsa Love Dinner at the Y

Maybe you are just too caught up in the fast paced world of fierce corporate competition? hihi ("crap, Yamaha, Zoom and Marantz each came out with 4 new models of flash recorders this year! We had better come out with 5!" screaming goo yo 8_) )

Out of curiousity I started trying to compile a list of all the new MOTM format modules released in the last three years but . . . I have more important things to be doing today meh The MSN Smack! but while Synth Tech has only had one or two, Modcan has had 9. w00t Also there were a couple from STG and Cyndustries. I know there are a few I'm forgetting! And then getting into DIY land there were quite a few from Oakley and other designers etc. (for the new folks that aren't aware, check http://www.bridechamber.com/bridechamber.com/Synth_Modules.html )

Of course as you know, while I love the MOTM format I also love the MU format. I think part of the reason MU has taken of in recent years is because there was more of a void until recently. Until about 6 years ago Synthesizers.com was the only game in town, right? The COTK and Moon came on the scene about 5 or 6 years ago, only 2 or 3 years ago Mos-Lab and STG got going and within the last year (I think) MegaOhm and Grove Audio have sprung up.
Synthbuilder
wyrtti wrote:
Does the new Looping VCA/ADSR work with the existing CV-ADSR board? Ie. could one already make a looping CV-ADSR/VCA, or does that need some changes in the CV board?

The existing four pot board - that's the one that adds the CV inputs and is fitted to the left hand side of the 2U VC-ADSR module - is completely compatible with the new VC-ADSR PCB.

You could rip the old VC-ADSR board out and replace it with the new issue and add the switch. Which is what I've done on my silver panelled module. However, the pots are smaller on the new board so you have to be careful with fitting a new board to an older panel to make sure the pots sit in the correct place.

Just to recap - the 2U VC-ADSR module is made from two PCBs, the four pot and the VC-ADSR. It is the VC-ADSR PCB - the more complex of the two PCBs - that has been upgraded.

Tony
wyrtti
Thank you, Tony! This is wonderful news. SlayerBadger!
Luka
tony im keen on building this w/ the vc pcb
does it have a lot of normalisation?
Synthbuilder
Luka wrote:
does it have a lot of normalisation?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Do you mean to build it with banana sockets? In that case the only normalised connections to the jack sockets is ground which you could ignore in a banana version. There's also the gate input from the optional Oakley Buss to the gate socket, and a +5V reference for the VCA IN socket. Both of which you could ignore without any real loss of functionality.

To make the full 2U VC-ADSR you need both Four pot and VC-ADSR PCBs. There are two four way 0.1" interconnects that join the two boards together. The CVs that control the ADS & R parameters are added together with the ordinary ADS & R pot values.

Tony
Luka
yup you hit the nail on the head

i have a panel design ready to go for a dual envylope (loopable vc-adsr) and i was wondering if i used your pcbs instead that i would need to add any extra switches where you have normalisation set up in your jack switches

thanks for info
Noiseconformist
Synthbuilder wrote:

More information:

http://www.oakleysound.com/adsr.htm
Tony

nice one (as I could see in Cambridge)

But I just realised that I'll gonna have a hard time mounting my special switch on it. No more space! hmmm.....

Michael.
JohnLRice
Synthbuilder wrote:
More information:
http://www.oakleysound.com/adsr.htm

From page 6:
"The older style ceramic low-K capacitors are strange flat plates made from pot."

hmmm.....

Rasta-nana

And here is a minor typo on page 15:
"16mm Alpha pots are pretty touch little chaps" eek!
russma
Ha! I also noticed that line about pot too.

I subsequently ate several of those caps, but didn't get a buzz at all.

sad banana
Synthbuilder
JohnLRice wrote:

"The older style ceramic low-K capacitors are strange flat plates made from pot."

hmmm.....

Rasta-nana

And here is a minor typo on page 15:
"16mm Alpha pots are pretty touch little chaps" eek!

You had me searching there... this is in my generic project Builder's isn't Guide isn't it? I'll get the 'touch' bit sorted shortly. All considered one typo in any document that I've written is probably a record low. I'm sure they'll be more hiding in there somewhere.

idiotboy wrote:

You have to smoke them not eat them... Rasta-nana hihi

But pot is clay in this case...

Tony
SepticUnderground
idiotboy wrote:
Ha! I also noticed that line about pot too.

sad banana

whahaha grin
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2