MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Customer service & the Bugmeister
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Customer service & the Bugmeister
dan_p
Tom Is an awsome dude. I am stunned by the sheer massive levels of customer support from Tom. I have just had some dealings with BugBrand and I can honestly say it must be the best customer service I have ever witnessed. In terms of bending over backwards and being helpfull way beyond the expected or required he has to take all of the biscuits.

Many thanks Tom thumbs up
a100user
Totally agree Dan

I know this will make Tom blush but he is a seriously wonderful guy to do business with.

David
ng
Yeah seriously, Tom rules.
First class stuff at every step.
I've never received customer service like this from anywhere ever.
BugBrand
dan_p wrote:
Tom... has to take all of the biscuits.

You're welcome to one if you want one -- just came out of the oven -- digestives! Really excited to try them (though the recipe seemed a bit wrong)

Seriously, though -- thanks! I do my best. Actually think I've been spread a little thin lately due to movements & business blurts.. Saying that, hoping tomorrow some BIG NEWS comes through for BugBrand...

Anyways, I like keeping things small and personal.
(actually, Dan is one of the few bug-modular users I've actually met...)

Cheers!
Ekofisk
Yes, Tom is amazing. Let me just use this opportunity to once again thank Tom for being such a nice guy and customer-friendly.

Now, big news you say...
BananaPlug
BugBrand wrote:
...think I've been spread a little thin lately due to movements & business blurts.. Saying that, hoping tomorrow some BIG NEWS comes through for BugBrand...

Darn! Now I'll be sitting here hitting the reload button every few minutes to find out what the BIG NEWS is all about. hyper

Favorite things about Tom and BugBrand modular:
    The modules have lots of character and versatility.
    He's been good about not over promising (in spite of our enthusiasm).
    Shows us works in progress without being an annoying tease.
    Bananas, frac format and high density floats my boat.
thumbs up
BugBrand
Haha, I should add that the big news isn't something that'll be for sale!
(I am such a killjoy)
dan_p
BugBrand wrote:

What, its going to be free, man, i said you were a real stand up guy but free super modules for all. Its too much, man, brings a tear to the eye.

It's peanut butter jelly time!
KNYST
BananaPlug wrote:
Favorite things about Tom and BugBrand modular:
    The modules have lots of character and versatility.
    He's been good about not over promising (in spite of our enthusiasm).
    Shows us works in progress without being an annoying tease.
    Bananas, frac format and high density floats my boat.
thumbs up

Well said. This + great customer service are what comes to mind.
Guinness ftw!
BananaPlug
BugBrand wrote:
(I am such a killjoy)

Is the Big News the announcement of the winner of the BugBrand World Headquarters Design Competition?
Ekofisk
You're getting married?!
richard
The bigs news guys is that after too long wasting my life in the euro camp I finally got my first bugbrand row!

bleep bleep hihi

But seriously folks - Tom deserves all the credit he gets IMO. He's done things properly since the beginning... and I've been buying stupid toys from him for years. He is working on a human scale, he is someone who cares about his work, who respects the customer, who you can trust and that all counts for a lot. I also seem to have dealt with every stinker in the business in the past couple of years but he and Rob Hordijk both leave me still happy to be in the game... and still excited by it.

EDIT: I realise that "stupid toys" does not read quite how I planned - didn't want to suggest Tom's stuff is only toys! "stupid toys and beautiful instruments" would have been better. In the bugworld, as for buchla, serge these amount to the same thing! My idea synth would be something like buchla meets fisher price!
darenager
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

we're not worthy BugBrand!

When you own a Bugbrand system you know that you own something very special indeed, and Tom is a genius IMHO, that the customer service is superb and very personal is the icing on the cake hihi

Fisher price? Nah, Lego or Meccano lol
revmutt
Tom is one of my favorite folks in the modular world. I'd love him to move to NYC so we could get weird together all the time.
indexofmetals
is the big news that something that was formerly for sale is no longer for sale?

BugBrand!
emergencyofstate
Best Evah.

I love my bugbrand.

Let's hear the news! applause
mirri
+1 to this
BugBrand
Hehe -- thanks for the smiles, guys!

The news still hasn't happened... And, no, it is not getting married, nor is it deciding that I ought to give everything I build away to DanP for zero-cash. I did consider saying that the news was that I was giving up BugBrand to become a baker and move to NY, but....

The news probably isn't that exciting really - basically taking over a new building (when the deal actually finally goes through -- frustration at the moment). Finally moving the workshop out of the damp dark basement that I've been in for the last 5 years.

Anyways, THANKS! I like the people I work with very much and these people are you!
dan_p
BugBrand wrote:
nor is it deciding that I ought to give everything I build away to DanP for zero-cash.

sad banana
miditerranean
I would also like to chime in here and give thanks to Tom BugBrand! for the super customer service I have received. Orders were shipped out right away and received in a week, emails answered withing 48 hrs, and Tom also threw in some blank panels free of charge! The best part is, the BugBrand Modular sounds amazing and I'm excited to get a pair of ENV1 and PRC1 once available again!
BugBrand
Thanks!
Probably going a bit slow for the next few weeks due to the move and that's slowing down new modules too... bah!
There're actually quite a few new modules built and waiting for testing but I'm pretty sure this is now going to have to wait 'til I'm settled at the new place.. Must get on with packing up the old workshop..
The new workshop floor is now just about complete. Next week I'll be building the workbenches stretching right round 2 and a bit sides of the room and then fitting in other infrastructure like power, shelves and parts bins/cases..

ENV1s are almost good to go though I need a little more time looking at the EOC behaviour still (that's a new feature!). I also have a good test-board for update PRC1s (trying to squeeze out even more joy than before) but these have been sat without progress now because of the movement (as with everything!).

Ta for now..
Tom
a100user
Tom,

Sounds exciting, both the move and the modules grin

David
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1