MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Northern Lights c-OC envelope bug?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Northern Lights c-OC envelope bug?
flabby
Just wondering if this is a bug and other people have experienced it?
Using 4x envelopes app, when I try to modulate the decay with CV it actually modulates the attack of the envelope. When you try to modulate the attack, nothing happens. Any ideas?
ArguZ
Hi,

can you explain the steps you took in more detail ?
I just tested mine and when i patch a voltage to CV1 and trigger TR 1 and then go into the menu and set CV1 to either attack or decay i can totally adjust them.
flabby
Thanks for the reply. Here's a video, although you can't hear me so well.

Basically, pulser triggers envelope on channel C. Channel C is set to be modulated by CV1 (sequencer) and set to 'decay'. However decay is not modulated and attack is instead. If I change CV1 to attack, nothing is modulated.

hmmm.....
InnnerSight
Mine is exactly the same, setting the CV to attack has no effect, setting it to decay affects attack.
ArguZ
Thanks guys, you found an actual bug smile

We have a new version ready which should work better.
Please update the firmware and let us know if all went well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ysvyIYHUrNMh9CshUVGvGeOiCBkdF6nL/view  ?usp=sharing

Update instruction are here :

http://northernlightmodular.com/cardoc-quickstart/
InnnerSight
Whoop - great service from you guys at Northern Lights, many thanks Guinness ftw!
ArguZ
Keep in mind O_C is a very active development. So even if this cures that particular bug, you might see a new version next week. We are still in a beta phase, there will be another one soon smile

Most of the credit goes to Max and Patrick and Tim....i am just a mere plumber.
flabby
Brilliant, thanks! I'll try out later and report back.

One feature I think would be good to have on the c-OC is to be able to load individual apps on each channel. The apps wouldn't be as fully featured but you would be able to configure the channels to what you need. For example:

Channel A: envelope
Channel B: envelope
Channel C: quantizer
Channel D: LFO
bsilverberg
Would this update be appropriate for the 2OC as well or just the CardOC?
ArguZ
flabby wrote:
Brilliant, thanks! I'll try out later and report back.

One feature I think would be good to have on the c-OC is to be able to load individual apps on each channel. The apps wouldn't be as fully featured but you would be able to configure the channels to what you need. For example:

Channel A: envelope
Channel B: envelope
Channel C: quantizer
Channel D: LFO

Yeah, we all can dream , but that can not be done...
It's like asking to split the keyboard on a polysynth.
You will have multiple voice, but to be able to have multitimbrality you need more than one core system.
ArguZ
bsilverberg wrote:
Would this update be appropriate for the 2OC as well or just the CardOC?

This bug is only in the newer cardOC beta firmware.
The older 2OC beta firmware is not affected.

However, there will be a unified non-beta release for all O_C flavours in the next couple of days.
So have your USB cables rady smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1