MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

A lazy way to keep it fresh
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author A lazy way to keep it fresh
cptnal
Esteemed wigglers, a quick-and-easy idea I thought I'd share.

I like to go back to the manuals now and again to keep it fresh, and maybe rediscover a functional gem I'd previously overlooked. But, y'know, sometimes I just can't be arsed. zombie

So on my walk to work this morning I had the bright idea of collecting video tutorials for all the modules I own, and filing them in their own folder in my browser. All in one place, no searching, and no forgetting that often-overlooked module.

Anyone else have similar twists-on-the-obvious that they use?
hamildad
I've been thinking about really nailing the input and output ranges of all my modules...

I just know that knowing off the top of my head what is 0-10V and -5-5V and all thats inbetween will make me understand my rig all the better....

and that means going back to the manuals and really digging deep.

D.
cptnal
hamildad wrote:
I've been thinking about really nailing the input and output ranges of all my modules...

I just know that knowing off the top of my head what is 0-10V and -5-5V and all thats inbetween will make me understand my rig all the better....

and that means going back to the manuals and really digging deep.

D.

It's not just me! I'd thought of that too. But there's always so much wiggling needing done. meh
BenignToxicity
As long as you can download the video, that's a great idea. It can be done easily, but may be an arduous task depending on the amount. I use my Youtube channel subscription to keep up to date... and will often deep-dive into the Make Noise videos for inspiration. Downloading and saving is a much better idea... maybe time-consuming to start, but probably easy to maintain.
cptnal
Oh, not downloading them. I believe such practices are frowned upon in any case. What I mean is a folder of shortcuts in the browser.

I don't have a Google account anyway, so subscription is a non-starter. Dead Banana

Bookmarking the Make Noise channel is a way round that (it's in my "manufacturers" folder hmmm..... I get the feeling this is all starting to sound quite anal).
AW198
Recently went back into the Mother 32 manual to read up on what was -5 to 5V, and what was 0 to 5V, and honestly it was such a good idea. I recommend knowing your voltage ranges for sure!
magnetsandlasers
I keep my manuals in a binder right next to my rig. Whenever I feel stuck or in a rut, I open it up and start paging around. I almost always come across something I missed or didn't understand at first. A lot of times something will just "click" and I can go back to wiggling with purpose! w00t
selfdestroyer
magnetsandlasers wrote:
I keep my manuals in a binder right next to my rig. Whenever I feel stuck or in a rut, I open it up and start paging around. I almost always come across something I missed or didn't understand at first. A lot of times something will just "click" and I can go back to wiggling with purpose! w00t

I do this also. I even put a few blank sheets in with each manual so I can write some notes on. I organize it by module/manual, quick sheets, blank patch notes sheets, notes

I mainly do this since I am very new to this but I also find it helps learn a module to the fullest and keeps it fresh in your head.
Zube
selfdestroyer wrote:
magnetsandlasers wrote:

I do this also. I even put a few blank sheets in with each manual so I can write some notes on. I organize it by module/manual, quick sheets, blank patch notes sheets, notes

I mainly do this since I am very new to this but I also find it helps learn a module to the fullest and keeps it fresh in your head.

I also do this- great for visitors to the studio who want try the modular and are afraid. I also keep the PDFs on my phone.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1