MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Juno-66 defect
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Author Juno-66 defect
namesshmames
A few days ago I turned on my juno-60 and the hold light was on from the start despite the button not being pressed down and stayed this way, there was no sound coming at all, and the key transpose button would not work. Every other function and light seems to respond. I use a hold pedal so maybe thats related to the hold issue, but I am not sure why an indefinite hold would cause the other issues. Is this something that could be caused by a bad solder joint?

I am not sure if this is related to the mod, but considering this had never happened before and couldn't find a cause, I feel I should post this in case there is a fix.

UPDATE: I have discovered that the cpu had been dislodged and bent to one side bending all the pins, 10 of them came off. Currently trying to find a way to repair it. Any idea would help.
tubbutec
namesshmames wrote:

UPDATE: I have discovered that the cpu had been dislodged and bent to one side bending all the pins, 10 of them came off. Currently trying to find a way to repair it. Any idea would help.

Hi, any idea how this might have happened? There should not be any mechanical stress on the Juno-66 board. Or did this happen during install?
Please post a picture and we'll see what can be done.
namesshmames
It was my fault, because I hadn't installed the panel for the midi cables yet and I think the cables must of been inadvertently pulled on bending the cpu. Live and learn. d'oh! I will upload a picture in next reply as I need 2 posts to upload.
namesshmames
tubbutec
We have successfully repaired such damage in the past.

Either by soldering new pins to it, or by removing part of the pin header with hot air and replacing it.

Both is quite a bit of work. Please contact us via email and we'll see if we can arrange a repair or replacement.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Page 1 of 1