MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I made a music video, what do you think?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author I made a music video, what do you think?
Flex Off
Hi everyone, i have recently been trying to get into making some videos for some songs planned on my new label. Just for fun. This is the first one I’ve made, i know its a little sketchy in places, but overall its a worthy starting point. I made this with a video editing software but im getting curious in the market of video synthesis.The music in the video was recorded live from my eurorack with some minor editing.
Anyway what do you think? Would love to hear any opinions, good or bad and room for improvement.

Cheers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MPNJAXbz9I

If you like this you might like to check out the other tracks on the EP too https://monopanic.bandcamp.com/album/convenient-stops-in-coffee-shops
nerdware
Nice editing. thumbs up
Flex Off
Cheerds dude! cool I checked out your vimeo too. Cool visuas. Do you have any music videos youve made?
nerdware
No music videos (yet). I have some old stuff on soundcloud, but I've been focusing heavily on video for the last few years. Some other folks here are very audiovisual. ebbflo's videos remind me that a video synth can also do audio.



There are also video wigglers who live work. I really love this one, by cskonopka.



You can find many more fine examples in the video doodle thread.
Chickenbone
I liked this video a lot. Subbed.
Flex Off
nerdware wrote:
No music videos (yet). I have some old stuff on soundcloud, but I've been focusing heavily on video for the last few years. Some other folks here are very audiovisual. ebbflo's videos remind me that a video synth can also do audio.


You can find many more fine examples in the video doodle thread.


Yeah i agree, its a new teritory for me, and something i never really though much about until recently, so one can be the other and vice versa.

Both very cool videos, cheers for the share. Defo gonna make some time to watch all of that live set. smile
Flex Off
Chickenbone wrote:
I liked this video a lot. Subbed.


Thanks chickenbone man, i seen your comment smile Working on another video for next month, hopefully be finished that in a couple of weeks and be able to get it uploaded too!! Mr. Green
Flex Off
Follow yous on SoundCloud ,you can follow me back if you like smile
Chickenbone
Killer, I followed back and I'll have to check some of these tunes out. The stuff you have on YouTube is all pretty legit. I need to get my computing power up. Im still using my first $300 computer from 2014 and it doesn't do much more than upload stuff from my SD card lol

What video programs are you using? I downloaded windows video maker 2012 because I'm new and it was free.
Flex Off
Hey man, yeah this video editing stuff takes ages if your computers not powerful. What specs you got? Im using a self built pc with 8gb RAM, and i have been struggling a bit. Im just realising that too lol. The last video i was working on got too much, couldnt even preview in the end, and still felt i wanted to do more work to it.
Im using Wondershare Filmora, its quite simple which is good cause im new to video editing too.
Thanks man smile We got a new video and album too. I posted it here https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2801167#2801167
thatfritzguy
Flex Off wrote:
yeah this video editing stuff takes ages if your computers not powerful

Ever try off-line editing? It can make things way easier on your computer. You make lo-res copies of your footage and edit with that. When you've got the edit you want you swap out the lo-res files with the original files.
Chickenbone
Flex Off wrote:
Hey man, yeah this video editing stuff takes ages if your computers not powerful. What specs you got? Im using a self built pc with 8gb RAM, and i have been struggling a bit. Im just realising that too lol. The last video i was working on got too much, couldnt even preview in the end, and still felt i wanted to do more work to it.
Im using Wondershare Filmora, its quite simple which is good cause im new to video editing too.
Thanks man smile We got a new video and album too. I posted it here https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2801167#2801167


Tfw you missed a reply on muffwiggler. Geez this was three months ago! your new track this morning was pretty sweet!

I have no idea what the specs are on my laptop. I just assume it's the worst. I have been tossing the idea around of buying a PC my friend just built for gaming, but it's getting harder to justify the cost since I work so much I can hardly even consider myself a hobbyist anymore. That's more of a discipline problem than a workaholic problem. Keep up the good jams!
f4c3v4lu3
Cool stuff!

Although I have entirely used my video synthesis equipment for live performance to this point - I'm working on a few music videos that will incorporate the modular. Particularly excited about the prospect of MIDI inputs on LZX Orion series and Errogenous Tones Structure so I can automate things from the Premiere Pro timeline. Use video synths like outboard effects in my audio mixing workflow!
Flex Off
thatfritzguy wrote:
Flex Off wrote:
yeah this video editing stuff takes ages if your computers not powerful

Ever try off-line editing? It can make things way easier on your computer. You make lo-res copies of your footage and edit with that. When you've got the edit you want you swap out the lo-res files with the original files.


Hey man, thanks for the tip. That's a good idea, I hadn't thought of that, ill give that a try next time.\. Ive been working on a new video recently n I made it in about 4 separate project files then just joined them all together at the end. Similar idea. Kept the workflow flowing, and was a lot easier to get what I wanted in the end.
Flex Off
f4c3v4lu3 wrote:
Cool stuff!

Although I have entirely used my video synthesis equipment for live performance to this point - I'm working on a few music videos that will incorporate the modular. Particularly excited about the prospect of MIDI inputs on LZX Orion series and Errogenous Tones Structure so I can automate things from the Premiere Pro timeline. Use video synths like outboard effects in my audio mixing workflow!


Sounds exciting.
Flex Off
Chickenbone wrote:
Flex Off wrote:
Hey man, yeah this video editing stuff takes ages if your computers not powerful. What specs you got? Im using a self built pc with 8gb RAM, and i have been struggling a bit. Im just realising that too lol. The last video i was working on got too much, couldnt even preview in the end, and still felt i wanted to do more work to it.
Im using Wondershare Filmora, its quite simple which is good cause im new to video editing too.
Thanks man smile We got a new video and album too. I posted it here https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2801167#2801167


Tfw you missed a reply on muffwiggler. Geez this was three months ago! your new track this morning was pretty sweet!

I have no idea what the specs are on my laptop. I just assume it's the worst. I have been tossing the idea around of buying a PC my friend just built for gaming, but it's getting harder to justify the cost since I work so much I can hardly even consider myself a hobbyist anymore. That's more of a discipline problem than a workaholic problem. Keep up the good jams!


I see. All the more reason to get something a bit powerful, will make the creative process so much smoother and be able to actually get a bit of work done in a small period of time smile

Thanks dude!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group