MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Any Attenuverters/Polarizers in frac ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Any Attenuverters/Polarizers in frac ?
Acid Mitch
Modular grid and the mighty Google don’t seem much help on this.
Surely there must be attenuverters/polarizers in frac ?
What are you guys using ?
diophantine
There's no dedicated attenuverters that I'm aware of; they're all built into other signal processing modules.

Blacet Splitter/Buffer/Mixer does it, albeit only on one channel per each section, like the old Blacet Mixer and Splitter modules.

Personally, I use the recently discontinued Blacet Mixer/Processor, and the Bananalogue CP3.

I also have a couple of signal inverters built into my MiniWave expanders, which I can then feed to my attenuators.
Adam-V
I DIYed mine from Ken Stone mixer PCBs.

Cheers,
Adam-V
Acid Mitch
diophantine wrote:
There's no dedicated attenuverters that I'm aware of; they're all built into other signal processing modules.

Well I guess that explains why modular grid didn’t come up with anything.

diophantine wrote:

Personally, I use the recently discontinued Blacet Mixer/Processor,

I didn’t know the Mixer/ processor could invert stuff. I thought it just added offsets. Will have to get mine fixed.

Adam-V wrote:
I DIYed mine from Ken Stone mixer PCBs.

Which ones ? There’s a few different Ken Stone mixers.
nikmis
I diyed two based on fonitroniks attenuverting mixer, just using perf board
http://www.modular.fonik.de/pdf/f-mixer-rev2.pdf
fracmonkey
Blacet should probably re-do the Mixer Processor in 1.5" module...although the SBM has two inverters: one on mixer, one on splitter. Also there is one on the Filthy Filtre.
Acid Mitch
nikmis wrote:
I diyed two based on fonitroniks attenuverting mixer, just using perf board
http://www.modular.fonik.de/pdf/f-mixer-rev2.pdf

I like the multifunctionality of them.

fracmonkey wrote:
Blacet should probably re-do the Mixer Processor in 1.5" module.

Great idea!!

fracmonkey wrote:

..although the SBM has two inverters: one on mixer, one on splitter. Also there is one on the Filthy Filtre.

Aye, SBM is next on my shopping list. Looks quite handy.
diophantine
fracmonkey wrote:
Blacet should probably re-do the Mixer Processor in 1.5" module...

Just want to say... if Blacet does this and keeps the LEDs, I hope they keep the separate red/green LEDs for red/green colorblind folks like myself!

The guy designing the UI for Mutable Instruments modules has been soliciting feedback from mutants like me (there's a thread in the Eurorack forum) and it reminded me just how awesome it is having those two separate LEDs on the Mixer/Processor.

Honestly, my only complaint about the Mixer/Processor is that I only have one of them....
Acid Mitch
SBM and dual vca arrived yesterday. w00t

The SBM is great. I’m surprised a bigger deal isn’t made about it. Every Frac rack should have at least one.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1