MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

223e arpeggio CV changing
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author 223e arpeggio CV changing
jesselucas
I’m new to the 223e and trying to set the output of a key in the arpeggio page of say key “B”. I’ve watched Todd Barton’s excellent 200e tutorials but when I dial in the CV ouput of the “B” key to say 2, when I switch to another key it changes the CV output to 3. It seems no matter what I set it to it increases the CV output by 1. Anyone have suggestions on what I may be doing incorrectly?
Drillionaire
I believe the bug is in the updating of the display on the 223e module. For the arpeggiator only, I consistently tap the key I'm editing as I change the CV value. The display only updates to the actual value of the CV when a key in the arpeggiator group is selected, otherwise it lags behind by 1. By tapping the key you're adjusting every second or so, it'll keep the display showing the actual value each time you tap. Kind of a pain, but it works until they get around to updating the firmware.
jesselucas
Drillionaire wrote:
I believe the bug is in the updating of the display on the 223e module. For the arpeggiator only, I consistently tap the key I'm editing as I change the CV value. The display only updates to the actual value of the CV when a key in the arpeggiator group is selected, otherwise it lags behind by 1. By tapping the key you're adjusting every second or so, it'll keep the display showing the actual value each time you tap. Kind of a pain, but it works until they get around to updating the firmware.

Thank you!
emp
I believe this bug exists when dialing values for all pads. Not just the arpeggiator. On mine the encoder continues to count one more step in the previous direction when changing. I suspect an error in the encoder function of the firmware.
Kent
Hey, Drillionaire, is there an easy fix for the Transpose Button and the fact that its 'debouncing' is pretty bad?
It's one thing when programming (annoying) but it is embarrassing when performing to have have the sequence transpose not being predictable.

Is there an easy fix beyond exercising the button? I didn't have this issue until rather recently although I doubt that the button has worn out.
Drillionaire
Kent wrote:
Hey, Drillionaire, is there an easy fix for the Transpose Button and the fact that its 'debouncing' is pretty bad?
It's one thing when programming (annoying) but it is embarrassing when performing to have have the sequence transpose not being predictable.

Is there an easy fix beyond exercising the button? I didn't have this issue until rather recently although I doubt that the button has worn out.

The buttons in 200e modules can be a bit finicky depending on their age and the particular module they're on. If it's not a worn out/oxidized button, it could be a firmware issue. Short of cleaning/replacing the button or adding a debouncing cap across the button pins, the only thing I can think of is using the data encoder as a workaround. I tend to do this anyway when performing a patch that uses the arpeggiator of the 223e. As I'm sure you know, when the cursor is on the transpose number select, you can increment/decrement the currently selected transposition. I tend do use this rather than the transpose button because it allows for decrementing the transpose as well as incrementing, which is all the button can do.
Kent
Thanks, Charles. I missed your reply originally. The Data Encoder Workaround seems like the best solution and I like that it is non-linear in the instantiation process.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1