MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Gauging interest in Waterloo Ontario Canada Synth meet/show
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Author Gauging interest in Waterloo Ontario Canada Synth meet/show
Julien_S0re1
hey wigglers - Ypsi_kid and I are planning a modular synth night to be held in Waterloo Ontario in late May that would have 3 segments:

1) synth meet up (7-9pm approx)
2) live modular improv performances (9:30-11:30)
3) live band with a synth/ techno flavour from 11:45-1:00am

We also want to have some interesting visuals so are looking for visual video artists to perform as well.

My intention here is to see if this is something that would appeal to Ontario -based wigglers and to get a sense of how large of a venue to get.

The Our Friends Electric hosted by Jason in London are great nights that brought people together so we want to build on that and include an informal synth/ modular meet and some visual art as well. Thoughts ? Worth the drive to KW ? Interested in performing or bringing your gear ? We are not trying to make money so the door will be very nominal (like $5) just to cover costs and it will be a licensed friendly environment.

Thanks!
(instagram account is phase_locked_loop)
hazycomet
I'm in Guelph, and would very much be interested!
grymnick
I live in Rockton and just getting into Modular so it would definitely be worth the drive especially if the venue is near a highway.
Dcramer
Did this ever happen?
Ypsi Kid
Hey man,

no unfortunately not. I would like to put together more of a show, have a few guys bring their rigs and perform and maybe have a DJ to open up and close. Talking to to a few other local wigglers, so I'll keep you posed via this thread (or a new one) on what's happening. Been trying to focus on getting a live rig/jamming rig put together and want to a chance to play (Steevio's sequencing techique/theory is kinda what I'm basing it off of.

Dcramer - where are you located?
argfargl
Toronto here, but I would be down to pop out to Waterloo for a modular meet!
Ypsi Kid
argfargl wrote:
Toronto here, but I would be down to pop out to Waterloo for a modular meet!

Good to know there is more interest out there! Thanks for letting me know and I'll be sure to let you know if anything ends up being setup.

Cheers!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Page 1 of 1