MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

lengthening gates from MI Grids
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author lengthening gates from MI Grids
synthfiend68
I would like to use the gates from Grids but extend them when required, effectively like having a sustain on the gate. How can I do that muff wigglers.
At the moment I have Grids triggering Plonk and use Voltage Block in scale mode controlling pitch on Plonk. I get some good patterns this way and thought it would be even better if I could lengthen the gates from Grids to provide even more variation in the pattern.
cptnal
Sounds like what you're after is a voltage-controlled slew limiter. Maths would be the go-to in my own case, but I'm pretty sure Doepfer would do something that fits the bill.
synthfiend68
cptnal wrote:
Sounds like what you're after is a voltage-controlled slew limiter. Maths would be the go-to in my own case, but I'm pretty sure Doepfer would do something that fits the bill.

Thank you, looks exactly what I need. Doepfer A-171-2 VCS looks good too
cptnal
Also worth checking whether Ladik do something similar. They do loads of decent utilities which are inexpensive and light on hp.
Kent
Are you thinking of having the unit put out "Gates" as opposed to "Triggers"? It is user selectable.

https://mutable-instruments.net/modules/grids/manual/

Click the link for the owner's manual and how to toggle the mode.
synthfiend68
Kent wrote:
Are you thinking of having the unit put out "Gates" as opposed to "Triggers"? It is user selectable.

https://mutable-instruments.net/modules/grids/manual/

Click the link for the owner's manual and how to toggle the mode.

I swapped it from triggers, but if I get a slew limiter I will probably swap back to triggers.
Trebbers
cptnal wrote:
Also worth checking whether Ladik do something similar. They do loads of decent utilities which are inexpensive and light on hp.

This will do what you want, plus act as a VC gate delay.
Heliophile
There is also the Doepfer A-162 Dual Trigger Delay. Apart from being able to delay the gate, you can also set the length.

Yes, Grids has a gate output mode, but it needs a very fast external clock (24ppqn) in order to function reliably, so the gates will be very short anyway.
synthfiend68
Heliophile wrote:
There is also the Doepfer A-162 Dual Trigger Delay. Apart from being able to delay the gate, you can also set the length.

Yes, Grids has a gate output mode, but it needs a very fast external clock (24ppqn) in order to function reliably, so the gates will be very short anyway.

Yeah, I clock it from Pam’s at 24ppqn and somehow prefer the gate mode, it seems to trigger plonk and boomtschak more effectively.
Can anyone recommend any other modules like grids. I like the way you can use it to get basslines which sit well with a 4x4 pattern.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1