MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

power eurorack modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author power eurorack modules
kdjupdal
Hi

Does anybody have experience with this?
I think it should be possible to use this adapter from mos-lab:
https://www.mos-lab.com/caseparts

to connect an eurorack module to a dotcom power system. That is, if the mos-lab power arrangement is the same as eurorack. Is it?
JohnLRice
Hi,

The power conversion would work (if the eurorack modules don't require +5 volts) but unfortunately the Mos-Lab buss board pin outs don't match up.

You might still be able to use it if you made some adapter cables but . . at that point you'd be better off with a different solution? Actually the COTK buss board would be easier to implement since you could just make "flipped" cables since their buss board pin out is the same but in the opposite order of eurorack.

If you use the one of the above methods, especially the COTK one, make sure you CLEARLY mark the cable as being something different, especially for the COTK solution so that you, or someone in the future that may buy something of yours, doesn't accidentally try to use it with a eurorack buss board! FUUUCCKKKK!!! MY ASS IS BLEEDING
coyoteous
That crossover COTK power thing still blows my mind... I use it for my COTK at 12 bipolar, but also on occasion at 15 for Moon (all but a couple of mine have both power connectors).

Anyway, I almost did a 'hop' from one bus board to another which would have flipped it... looking at it now I guess it wouldn't hurt anything, just not work (if not using the CV/gate bussing? which I'm not... might not be great to put rails to those if you were).

Also, some Moon module interconnections are the same cable, but straight-through instead of cross... I think Gert called it one-to-one (or 1-2-1).

Someone should make MU to euro power adapters... I have three of the old dotcom <-> MOTM ones that have the switchable 5V regulators and some of the passive synthcube ones that don't.

I guess this is as good a place to 'come out' as any, but I just got killer deal on a Synthtech E330 (my first euro) which I thought might have a MOTM connector (doesn't) and a half-price STG .mix on the way... saw pictures of the backside of one that also had a dotcom connector (don't know if mine will or not).

Not to sidetrack, though.

Added: is ER crossover, too? (I'll look later)
JohnLRice
coyoteous wrote:
is ER crossover, too? (I'll look later)
What is a ER? hmmm.....
coyoteous
JohnLRice wrote:
What is a ER? hmmm.....

Eurorack?
kdjupdal
Ok, thank you John for the information.
So it is not that easy. Only way is to build an adapter myself?
My thought was to build the L-1 vc stereo mixer as a mu module.
JohnLRice
coyoteous wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:
What is a ER? hmmm.....

Eurorack?
d'oh! thumbs up
JohnLRice
kdjupdal wrote:
Ok, thank you John for the information.
So it is not that easy. Only way is to build an adapter myself?
My thought was to build the L-1 vc stereo mixer as a mu module.
Often circuits that are specified to run on +-12v can run perfectly fine on +-15v without modification or sometimes with just some simple parts value substitutions. You should write to the person/company who makes/designed the L-1 vc stereo mixer to see what might be possible. thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1