MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Supersaw Eurorack? Or Building Dark Dirty Reece DNB Bass?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Supersaw Eurorack? Or Building Dark Dirty Reece DNB Bass?
decklyn
Hey are there any DIY kits capable of any supersaw-like waveforms a la Roland's lineage? I'm guessing I can use a digital VCO and load it up?

Also are there any wavetable VCOs that can "morph" between waveforms similar to how Serum does?

I'm trying to figure out how to extend my eurorack's synth capabilities into a slightly colder digital realm (which probably sounds ironic) but it's in line with some of the music I've been writing lately.
Chopper
You want a mutable instruments BRAIDS for both those things, although Klavis TWIN WAVE does a mean supersaw as well.
Dave Peck
It's not DIY, but it's a great supersaw generator:

http://www.happynerding.com/category/super-sawtor/

It also does cool stuff to sine & triangle waves too. It turns them into huge hollow-sounding buzzing detuned 'supersquare' waves.
decklyn
Okay thanks. I have to figure out how to power these digital modules - I only have +5V
Mikeyg3k
Also, not DIY but simple! Modedemix & DPO superstar ...

Modedemix & DPO Supersaw
thetaflux
https://youtu.be/8-BRm6I43yI?t=53s
sduck
decklyn wrote:
Okay thanks. I have to figure out how to power these digital modules - I only have +5V

Only +5v? What kind of eurorack do you have? Most of the ones I'm aware of have +-12v on hand, in addition to +5v.
hermbot
Tides in oscillator mode is a reese base machine.
duff
These are all diy (there are probably more)
BMC 011
CGS 38
Yusynth Saw Animator
decklyn
Nice thanks guys. Hmm So that's interesting - Maybe an animator is the way to go then.
pre55ure
I have a couple of the Barton ones. (BMC11).
It's quite good for that supersaw type sound. Also good for "hoover" type sounds.

Don't have one (built yet) but the Orgone Accumulator (oscillator) sounds like it can do that type of sound as well. And DIY.
dubonaire
According to the man himself, Kevin Saunderson, the original Reese bass was done using a Casio CZ.

So you could look at the WMD Phase Displacement Oscillator. Pretty awesome module for bass actually.
Joe.
Why not just build a bank of VCO's and then detune them? seriously, i just don't get it

If all you want is saw waveforms it saves you having to build any extra wave shaping, leaving half the components of a DIY VCO unpopulated.

Have a look at the CGS48 VCO, you wouldn't need the Square, Pulse, Staircase or Sine sections of the design at all. Just 4 copies of the core (or 8!.. or 16!..or).
mt3
Piston Honda mk III

https://soundcloud.com/industrialmusicelectronics/vectoring-piston-hon da-mk3
mt3
Also FMVDO, Warps, Cyclebox, etc.
Arcana
Synthesis Technology E340 or E352 in Cloud mode
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1