MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

cv(notes) to trigger
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author cv(notes) to trigger
swhic
Is there a way to convert cv to triggers? i want to use notes to trigger events.
Thanks
modularblack
Please ask a more defined question, I really don't know what you mean.

If you mean the pitch cv which comes out of an MIDI module or a sequencer, then I would try using a highpass filter and a amplifier, which boosts the outcoming signal. Then you would get a weird, dirty trigger (that might cause "interesting" sounds) which you could use. (Not tested)
lasesentaysiete
a comparator?
Joe.
Doepfer A-156.
swhic
eg trigger with keyboard CV out an asdr...
authorless
swhic wrote:
eg trigger with keyboard CV out an asdr...


Still no idea what you are asking. You want to trigger an envelope when the pitch on a CV keyboard is changed? With an ADSR you are most likely going to want a gate, not a trigger.

If you are using a keyboard with CV out it is also going to have a gate out. So why not use that?

If you are using a MIDI-to-CV interface, it is going to have a gate out, so use that.

If you are using a CV sequencer, it is going to have a gate or trigger out, so use that.
Dave Peck
swhic wrote:
Is there a way to convert cv to triggers? i want to use notes to trigger events.
Thanks


The confusion is due to misuse of terminology. For example, a "trigger" signal is already a type of "cv" signal. It is a short-duration voltage spike.

Also, a 'note' is not a kind of cv, it is a musical event.

So - exactly what type of "cv" signal are you trying to use to trigger something -

A 'gate' signal?

A 1 volt per octave pitch CV signal?

Some other kind of CV signal, like an LFO or analog sequencer output?

And exactly how do you want it to behave? Maybe you want to create a trigger every time a continuous CV signal changes it's level, like every time a sequencer output moves to a new step with new output voltage? I'm just guessing, so you tell us.


...and exactly what kind of module / function are you trying to trigger with this cv signal?
nickgrys
The Quantizer algorithm in the Disting outputs a trigger every time the quantized cv output changes. In other words, you get a trigger output every time the note changes.
chvad
LoFi Junglist wrote:
Doepfer A-156.


seconded!
Keltie
Ladik derivator may be of interest
gonkulator
Keltie wrote:
Ladik derivator may be of interest


thumbs up thumbs up
swhic
Quote:
The confusion is due to misuse of terminology. For example, a "trigger" signal is already a type of "cv" signal. It is a short-duration voltage spike.
Also, a 'note' is not a kind of cv, it is a musical event.
So - exactly what type of "cv" signal are you trying to use to trigger something A 'gate' signal?
A 1 volt per octave pitch CV signal?


thanks, I mean a 1v per octave cv signal.

Quote:
The Quantizer algorithm in the Disting outputs a trigger every time the quantized cv output changes. In other words, you get a trigger output every time the note changes.


I'll try that! thanks

Quote:
If you are using a keyboard with CV out it is also going to have a gate out. So why not use that?
If you are using a MIDI-to-CV interface, it is going to have a gate out, so use that.
If you are using a CV sequencer, it is going to have a gate or trigger out, so use that.


I don't want to use gate!!! smile

Quote:
Ladik derivator may be of interest

This looks interesting..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group