MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

µTune input configuration
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Author µTune input configuration
tubbutec
Quote:
I have a Utune and would like to know the setting that would allow me
to shut off its quantizer. In other words, I want to use the midi out
on the Utune but don't want Utune to change/quantize the pitches it
receives.
tubbutec
Hi,

there are multiple ways to deactivate CV-in:

1) Don't plug in anything. µTune will automatically detect this and switch to midi input mode.

2) Configure the input. In the channel settings, configure the cv input(s) to anything but 'pitch'. If you do not want to use the input at all, you can configure it as 'none'
tubbutec
Quote:
do not want to deactivate the pitch in. I want to deactivate the quantizer. Does this make sense?

I want: CV input ---> Utune Midi Out with no quantizer change.

The input is always quantized. If you want to reduce the number of quantization steps, you could set a very high number of input notes per volt and set the same number in a TET scale.

For example: Setting 48 notes for the CV IN Notes/V settings
and create a TET scale in the editor with 48 notes: Set number of notes to 48 and press NEW

This will give you a resolution of 25 cent

The resolution of the input does not allow for more precision - it is built to always run in quantizer mode
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Page 1 of 1