MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Someone just flipped my Music Easel on eBay
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Someone just flipped my Music Easel on eBay
REcDeso12oi
Anyone seen this happen before? I JUST sold my easel to someone on ebay and they just re-listed it.. exact same pics from inside my apt. They dont even have it yet. Just added several hundred $$ to the price and put it back up.

Anyone had this happen before? Totally unbelievable. Thats what I get for trying to sell it for a fair used price.
corpusjonsey
Definitely sucks to see this happen. Especially if they don't even take the time to shoot their own photos! If you got your price, then I guess it's all good. Right?
REcDeso12oi
Yah for sure, seems super sketchy tho. Needed to vent. I looked it up and I can request he take my pictures down. Probably not worth the trouble. If my pictures were used in a scam tho I would be pretty pissed.

Keep wigglin' fellas.
notmiserlouagain
If you´re pissed ask them to take the pictures down, it´s worth trying.
Parasites zombie
nangu
Edit- nevermind. Discovered that my comment was useless after re-reading the original post..
tobb
There are plenty dealers,also on this forum be careful,some sell on ebay,some not ,some buys but work together with other guys on ebay.
BootUpRootDown
This kinda sucks but I like the style of using the same pics XP
MY ASS IS BLEEDING
mgscheue
notmiserlouagain wrote:
If you´re pissed ask them to take the pictures down, it´s worth trying.
Parasites zombie

Agreed. It’s a copyright violation and against eBay policy.
sempervirent
Maybe they have buyer's remorse or had an unexpected expense come up, and instead of trying to back out of the transaction with you, they relisted with a markup to cover eBay fees, hoping to break even ASAP. Not a great idea to re-use existing photos (or list something before receiving it and testing it) but I wouldn't immediately assume bad intentions on their part.
bcomnes
Hey I sold a Metasonix AssBlaster KV-100 on eBay and was happy that I got $1280 for it but the buyer, flipped it and sold it a week later for $2900.....sigh...but I made $700 on the re-sale, so I can't complain....
Joe.
It's an auction site seriously, i just don't get it

If you used it as such, instead of just positing items with a buy-it-now price, you would be getting the best price possible.
syncretism
REcDeso12oi wrote:
Anyone had this happen before? Totally unbelievable. Thats what I get for trying to sell it for a fair used price.

That's happened to me once or twice, but not with big-ticket items like an Easel. Sorry. It's kind of a shitty feeling.
indexofmetals
best to watermark your images on eBay
Vatican2
So lame very frustrating
Kent
Vatican2 wrote:
So lame very frustrating

Which part of it and how so?
REcDeso12oi
Well, its for sure lame that he ripped my pictures without my permission and posted an item that he still doesn't have in his possession since its still in the mail. Raising the price and making a quick easy profit is totally fine, whatever. As a whole i was just originally posting out of curiosity to see if anyone else has dealt with this, mostly out of fear that I might be enabling a scammer.

I love this community and Buchla instruments, so in a way I also wanted people to be aware of this and water marking your pics is a great solution. Lesson learned. Probably a fired Guitar Center employee trying to make a quick buck. screaming goo yo

Keep Wigglin' and God Bless America.
facklr
Are we talking about this listing?

The first four pics are screenshots from the Kaithlyn Aurelia Smith Easel video as well. So half the pictures aren't even the right easel!

Perhaps filing a report to eBay is in order.
memes_33
it's only $1000 more than a new one at noisebug!

also, this one is very rare apparently.
Avjr
facklr wrote:

The first four pics are screenshots from the Kaithlyn Aurelia Smith Easel video as well. So half the pictures aren't even the right easel!

lolspew
mritenburg
Theft of pictures aside, I honestly do not understand the sentiment in this discussion. If you sell an item for less than market value because you want to move the item quickly, and then are upset because the buyer turns around and sells that item for a higher price, you have only yourself to blame.
NU
REcDeso12oi wrote:
Just added several hundred $$ to the price and put it back up.

You don't need to divulge if you don't want, but how much did they raise the price? With Ebay/PP fees being deducted it seems like a lot of hassle for possibly not much gain (and so maybe not a flipper).
tarandfeathers
NU wrote:
REcDeso12oi wrote:
Just added several hundred $$ to the price and put it back up.

You don't need to divulge if you don't want, but how much did they raise the price? With Ebay/PP fees being deducted it seems like a lot of hassle for possibly not much gain (and so maybe not a flipper).

$1995.01, according to the original completed listing.
legionhwp
Has it been confirmed that is the seller in question?

Because if it is he has 100% feedback and sells everything from guitars, drums, synths to compnsumer items, clothes, etc. safe to say he didn’t buy this to play BuchlaBongos but a cursory glance at his history could have verified that.

Fwiw he doesn’t have a sale at his price so if he bought it to flip he’s taking a risk and still sitting on it. Plus with these things who’s to say it doesn’t have an issue developing like many just from shipping (BEMI had trouble sending them from the factory to dealers). I’m guessing if it is this guy he’s not going to test it fully and betting the next buyer will. Again, risk he’s assuming.

You sold it for your price ASAP and presumably got paid so despite hindsight you did ok imo.

facklr wrote:

Perhaps filing a report to eBay is in order.
chamomileshark
you say it's still in transit to him..you have got your money, yes?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1