MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

buchla parts north america?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author buchla parts north america?
we_squirm
hey,

sorry for this post. a quick forum search yielding no results (maybe my keywords weren't specific enough) but i was wondering where to buy banana cables, tini jax to 1/4" cables, and shorting bars in north america. i found a few european places but don't really want to pay all that shipping. any help is appreciated. thanks
mutierend
Digikey is where I get my banana cables and shorting bars. I get Tinijax cables from Foxtone through Reverb (they are branded as Black Market Modular). EDIT: I realize you wanted tinijax to 1/4". Not sure where to get those; you might need to make them.

Pomona cable part numbers are in the pattern of B-(length)-(color), so B-4-0 is a black 4" cable, and B-24-7 is a violet 24" cable. The shorting bars are MDP-S-(color). Here are the part numbers for the cables I own, to help you get started:

Pomona # DigiKey Part # Length Color
B-4-0 501-1328-ND 4" Black
B-8-3 501-1780-ND 8" Orange
B-8-6 501-1673-ND 8" Blue
B-12-5 501-1683-ND 12" Green
B-12-2 501-1042-ND 12" Red
B-18-4 501-2463-ND 18" Yellow
B-24-7 501-1752-ND 24" Violet
MDP-S-9 Shorting Bar White
search64
Noooooooooo!

Shorting bars are MDP-S-X (0 for black, 2 for red). Otherwise you’ll get an utterly useless nonshorting bar.
mutierend
search64 wrote:
Noooooooooo!

Shorting bars are MDP-S-X (0 for black, 2 for red). Otherwise you’ll get an utterly useless nonshorting bar.

You're right, bad typo on my part!
batchas
we_squirm wrote:
a quick forum search yielding no results

An efficient way to use the search function is to write a sentence like:
"banana cable where to buy" for instance, like you would do on google.
Or "Where to buy banana cables". No need to add in USA cause most probably wigglers looking for banana cables in EU, UK etc usually write it in the title.
Then before you click on the Search button, you set:
- "Display results as: posts" and
- "Return first 600" for instance or more, it will allow you to have a fast preview over the results.

For different subjects you can also select of course which part of the forum should be scanned, but here I'd leave it.

Same with Tiny Jax:
- tini jax to 1/4" cables adapter
- where to buy tini jax to 1/4" cables adapter
- tinijax to 1/4" cables adapter
This kind of search terms. This is what I would do pers.

Now I did not search, but I guess it will be easier to buy a 3.5mm to 1/4" cable then a Tiny Jax to 1/4".

You have great chances finding the answers on different subjects you're looking for by doing so.
we_squirm
batchas wrote:
we_squirm wrote:
a quick forum search yielding no results

An efficient way to use the search function is to write a sentence like:
"banana cable where to buy" for instance, like you would do on google.
Or "Where to buy banana cables". No need to add in USA cause most probably wigglers looking for banana cables in EU, UK etc usually write it in the title.
Then before you click on the Search button, you set:
- "Display results as: posts" and
- "Return first 600" for instance or more, it will allow you to have a fast preview over the results.

For different subjects you can also select of course which part of the forum should be scanned, but here I'd leave it.

Same with Tiny Jax:
- tini jax to 1/4" cables adapter
- where to buy tini jax to 1/4" cables adapter
- tinijax to 1/4" cables adapter
This kind of search terms. This is what I would do pers.

Now I did not search, but I guess it will be easier to buy a 3.5mm to 1/4" cable then a Tiny Jax to 1/4".

You have great chances finding the answers on different subjects you're looking for by doing so.

lol thanks!
Minimoog56
Muffwiggler Prescrptn made me many lovely tinijax to 1/4” cables.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1