MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new Buchla U.S.A. packaging
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author new Buchla U.S.A. packaging
kbrush
it’s nice!!

Voltage_Controller
fap fap fap... The 253e may win the most beautiful module award.

Did they happen to update all the front panels to say Buchla USA or are they still selling the old stock?
mutierend
It says "Buchla & Associates" on the panel.
kbrush
yep exactly. working through faceplate inventory i’m sure

mutierend
OMG two 252e? Can you describe your workflow with two of those bad boys?
kbrush
well i just installed the second so we’ll see. but the high level idea is to drive each with its own P/R with each P/R being modulated by its own 267. The lowest divisor on the P/R’s being used for periodic resyncing

obviously the lower level stuff gets more interesting but is patch specific. also have a pair of MArF’s that could be played off the 252e’s but we’ll see. i have many more oscillators than sequencer outputs so there’s plenty room for all of the sequencers to get in and mix it up.

here’s the left Buchla cabinet with the 252e’s, haven’t fully rearranged yet to accommodate it yet but you can kinda see where it’s going:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgRSg9nHUP7/
mutierend
kbrush wrote:

here’s the left Buchla cabinet with the 252e’s, haven’t fully rearranged yet to accommodate it yet but you can kinda see where it’s going:

My god. It's full of stars.
kbrush
hah, thanks, yeah it’s easy to look at, fairly close to operational level also, pretty pumped to flip the go switch! nanners
Hiwatt Bob
wow.

we're not worthy
Synthoholic
God Damn I want some Buchla in my life.
JohnLRice
love
island
eek! The Buchla-Heaven applause
search64
For 3k I'd expect at least some gold leaf wrapping. This lacks a certain Willy Wonka charm.
kbrush
the chocolate factory is inside the box
pelican
nice stickers
Cobramatic
kbrush wrote:
well i just installed the second so we’ll see. but the high level idea is to drive each with its own P/R with each P/R being modulated by its own 267. The lowest divisor on the P/R’s being used for periodic resyncing

obviously the lower level stuff gets more interesting but is patch specific. also have a pair of MArF’s that could be played off the 252e’s but we’ll see. i have many more oscillators than sequencer outputs so there’s plenty room for all of the sequencers to get in and mix it up.

That's looks bloody beautiful
SlayerBadger!

I guess you don't gig with that rig though.....
kbrush
theoretically i suppose you could, both big cases are foldable and transportable. would be robbing the octatracks and mpc of their mojo though..

not to mention the crowd who would never be able see over them..
Cobramatic
kbrush wrote:
theoretically i suppose you could, both big cases are foldable and transportable. would be robbing the octatracks and mpc of their mojo though..

not to mention the crowd who would never be able see over them..

And not to mention the worry of having such an expensive system exposed to the public.
And the weight of moving it!

Obviously more of a rhetorical question, but I do have this concern when I occasionally gig with my (much smaller) system.
I've got 16 panels and some eardrill MM's plus a filter and Echophone installed in a mid sized 'DJ style suitcase' - so when it is closed up it looks like nothing special - but I always worry that it would be easy for somebody to nick it very easily.
It's funny but I don't seem to worry about my eurorack system in the same way - even though it might well be just as valuable all things considered.
Kaki_Yuga
kbrush wrote:
the chocolate factory is inside the box

Beautiful!! Mine just arrived this morning! Can’t wait to start playing with it
Gringo Starr
Synthoholic wrote:

Synthoholic? I guess not. Dead Banana
J3RK
Gringo Starr wrote:
Synthoholic wrote:

Synthoholic? I guess not. Dead Banana

That just denotes an addiction to synthahol. razz
kbrush
idk, any self respecting synthaholic should have a 259 at arms reach at all times imo
Precarious
You lucky dog! I want 252e so bad. Someday...
Lyonel
kbrush wrote:
but the high level idea is to drive each with its own P/R with each P/R being modulated by its own 267. The lowest divisor on the P/R’s being used for periodic resyncing

Awesome!
How will you drive your 252e with the Pendulum ?
cyberdine
Lyonel wrote:
kbrush wrote:
but the high level idea is to drive each with its own P/R with each P/R being modulated by its own 267. The lowest divisor on the P/R’s being used for periodic resyncing

Awesome!
How will you drive your 252e with the Pendulum ?

That is an excellent question!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2