MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Journeyman Builders Guide - Links section
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Journeyman Builders Guide - Links section
eljay
A small query on the Journeyman Iss 2 Builders Guide. At the top of page 5 the section 'Links' advises if you are building the 1U Filter Core, to join together the two-way headers KEY, IN1 and IN2.

The KEY header connects between ground and R35, CV in. R35 was previously omitted in the 'Resistors' section if building a 1U Filter Core module. So fitting a link across KEY connects ground to, well, nothing.

Am I correct in assuming R35 should be omitted and making the link across KEY is not necessary?
Synthbuilder
eljay wrote:
Am I correct in assuming R35 should be omitted and making the link across KEY is not necessary?

It's not essential, it probably doesn't even make a measurable difference. But I don't like floating copper tracks on a PCB - they can act as a conduit for unwanted signals which could cause a nuisance. Any track should really be carrying a current or be tied to 0V. In this case it's tied to 0V by the link - the track then acts as a shield to prevent crosstalk between any adjacent tracks.

Tony
eljay
As always I bow to your superior knowledge, not that I have any. Many thanks for the clarification, as they say "every day's a school day". I've put the link in.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1