MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

uT_u 8HP micro Temps Utile build
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author uT_u 8HP micro Temps Utile build
GSE
I didn't see any threads related specifically to the 8HP uT_u build, there are some gotchas that may help your builds go smoother.

You may encounter pictures that show the bridge rectifier oriented incorrectly. The silkscreen is correct, and should be installed thus...

U12 is oriented different than the other TL072s. It's shown correctly on the silkscreen, but easy to miss. Also note: the Teensy is mounted in a different orientation than the uO_C.

If you want to use the DAC functions of the Teensy, you will need an additional pin that the uO_C did not use. Again, easy to miss.

Hope this helps others not fall into some avoidable traps.
beedogs
what switches did you use? there's no part number specified in the BoM so it's kind of tough to figure out what'll work.
mutronic
beedogs wrote:
what switches did you use? there's no part number specified in the BoM so it's kind of tough to figure out what'll work.

these are the switches you want
beedogs
cheers mate, this helped a lot. they're out of the 250 gram switches right now on mouser so i got the 160s instead but it was the form factor that was most important.
toneburst
I can't seem to source 4.2k 0805 resistors for part R54.
Anyone know if 4.22k will be OK instead?

a|x
vespine
Chalk me up as someone this post helped!

I thought I would also share something that might also help someone, the screenprint is so small and in some areas obscured and a little hard to read I made this picture to print out and have next to me while soldering it made locating component placement easier.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1