MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

uT_u 8HP micro Temps Utile build
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author uT_u 8HP micro Temps Utile build
GSE
I didn't see any threads related specifically to the 8HP uT_u build, there are some gotchas that may help your builds go smoother.

You may encounter pictures that show the bridge rectifier oriented incorrectly. The silkscreen is correct, and should be installed thus...

U12 is oriented different than the other TL072s. It's shown correctly on the silkscreen, but easy to miss. Also note: the Teensy is mounted in a different orientation than the uO_C.

If you want to use the DAC functions of the Teensy, you will need an additional pin that the uO_C did not use. Again, easy to miss.

Hope this helps others not fall into some avoidable traps.
beedogs
what switches did you use? there's no part number specified in the BoM so it's kind of tough to figure out what'll work.
mutronic
beedogs wrote:
what switches did you use? there's no part number specified in the BoM so it's kind of tough to figure out what'll work.

these are the switches you want
beedogs
cheers mate, this helped a lot. they're out of the 250 gram switches right now on mouser so i got the 160s instead but it was the form factor that was most important.
toneburst
I can't seem to source 4.2k 0805 resistors for part R54.
Anyone know if 4.22k will be OK instead?

a|x
vespine
Chalk me up as someone this post helped!

I thought I would also share something that might also help someone, the screenprint is so small and in some areas obscured and a little hard to read I made this picture to print out and have next to me while soldering it made locating component placement easier.

the_conman
Hi
Iv'e finished my build and I am having trouble getting it to work.
all the inputs work fine but the 6 outputs are not. When hooking it up to my scope I see the the triggers are only at 0.2 Volts. I have no idea whats going on. I think it could be the Op-amps.

Edit:
Fixed it
soldered the wrong size resisters d'oh!
degeneratedsines
Is it intended that the .dip and .sch files are not into the github repo https://github.com/jakplugg/T_u ? the µO_c repo has them.
It is always a bit tedious when you look for components location in the rendered pdf.
toneburst
Thanks for the tips!
Mine now up-and-running (all worked first time, which is rare, for one of my builds wink ).

sempervirent
Looking good @toneburst – thanks for getting a panel.
aragorn23
Hey all. I see the DAC isn't listed on the BOM for the uTemps. I can see on the board it's some sort of three pin through hole thing. Any suggestions of what to get? I've almost finished my build - just need the DAC.

[EDIT] Ignore me - I've just realised the 'DAC' is a jumper between two of the pins...
Kevimu
toneburst wrote:
I can't seem to source 4.2k 0805 resistors for part R54.
Anyone know if 4.22k will be OK instead?

a|x

Did you use the 4.22k in the end? Did it work fine?
Altitude909
Dont forget to wire the RESET pad on the teensy with the pogo pin (or wire lead if youre adventurous) the power up protection wont work without it
flts
Kevimu wrote:
Did you use the 4.22k in the end? Did it work fine?

I don't have the schematic, but a standard 4.2k 1% tolerance resistor can have actual resistance from roughly 4.16k to 4.24k. Using a 4.22k (at +-1% tolerance roughly 4.18 to 4.26k) in its place should be perfectly fine.

If the spot in the schematic seems to require a very exact precision resistor (I doubt it, in that case it would probably be specified a 0.1% resistor) or one is OCD-inclined, it's always possible to measure that the actual resistance falls within that particular treshold.
Kevimu
flts wrote:
a standard 4.2k 1% tolerance resistor can have actual resistance from roughly 4.16k to 4.24k. Using a 4.22k (at +-1% tolerance roughly 4.18 to 4.26k) in its place should be perfectly fine.

I went along the same line of reasoning and used it. Thanks for the advice friend
undress
Altitude909 wrote:
Dont forget to wire the RESET pad on the teensy with the pogo pin (or wire lead if youre adventurous) the power up protection wont work without it

I have a µT_U which does not have the reset pad labeled, so I do not know where or how to place the pin. Help?
Altitude909
undress wrote:
Altitude909 wrote:

I have a µT_U which does not have the reset pad labeled, so I do not know where or how to place the pin. Help?

If your board doesnt say 1.2 on it, then you wont have it. Its not something you can hack on
undress
Altitude909 wrote:
undress wrote:
Altitude909 wrote:

If your board doesnt say 1.2 on it, then you wont have it. Its not something you can hack on

I don't think it has a version number on it, or the actual word "reset" printed on it, but the space for it is there (?) in between the legs of the tactile switch:

I still don't know how to place it. Solder onto the board so that the tip touches the "rst" on the teensy?

[Sorry for the sad noob level, this is only my second diy project (which also makes it my second module overall)]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1