MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Abstract Data - ADE-33 Event Boss - Rhythms, patterns, more
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Abstract Data - ADE-33 Event Boss - Rhythms, patterns, more
abstractjuz

This is the ADE-33 Event Boss - the debut rhythm creation and manipulation module from Abstract Data.

The Event Boss includes 6 sets of pattern and rhythm creation algorithms - with 36 algorithms in total - covering the areas of:

* Variables: Rhythmic patterns and circadian-style rhythms
* Multiples: Clock and LFO multiplication and division by factors from 1-12
* Probability: Pseudo-random, probability and chance-based variations
* Logic: Classic logic-based functionality
* Phase: Phase shifting, time-based delays and swing-style effects
* Gates: Trigger, pulse and gate manipulation and generation

The Event Boss is designed to work with any clock, gate, trigger, square wave or PWM-type LFO input. It will take regular clocks and generate rhythms, it will take rhythmic patterns and generate new patterns and it will take irregular and random clocks and generate new, irregular and probability-based patterns and variations.

There is CV control over every parameter so patterns can be rhythmic, continually evolving, entirely random or pretty much any combination the user chooses.

Of course, it can also be used as a utility module to perform various clock division/multiplication, phase-shifting and logic-related tasks. However, it is at its most creative when used as a real-time pattern generator for creating musically useful rhythms and patterns from simple clock, rhythm and CV inputs.

The ADE-33 Event Boss is on sale now for GBP199.00 and can be bought directly from Abstract Data or our international dealers. Please talk to your local Eurorack dealer about availability.
Buttons ARE toys
excellent! looking forward to seeing this in action applause
spinalbeatz
Anyone try this out? Can't seem to find any videos.
theflyingfridge
Does anyone have one of these?

seriously, i just don't get it
Jaypee
I like the "it's a module to play with" approach.
Need more videos though smile
abstractjuz
Hey @Buttons ARE toys, @spinalbeatz, @theflyingfridge, @Jaypee - getting to Superbooth got in the way of things but now that's all behind us - doing a proper product demo for this release is a priority again.

To start - there's a 30 second overview video on the Abstract Data YouTube channel:

You can also check out these patch jam videos on the Abstract Data Instagram account where the ADE-33 Event Boss handles all Bass and Synth rhythms.

Superbooth Patch Jam Day 3
Superbooth Patch Jam Day 2
Superbooth Patch Jam Day 1

I also spoke with @DivKid at Superbooth - and we covered the Event Boss:

...and you guys are always welcome to ask if you want more info or have specific questions.

HTH!

thumbs up
spinalbeatz
Awesome! Loved the DivKid video. Looking forward to a proper product demo smile
vonstirlitz
Does anyone have this? Any thoughts or reviews?

I am thinking of something to combine with Grids and Zularic, to spice up grooves with probability and logic. Looks like this has a lot of flexibility for just one module, but very little web chatter about it.
Voodoo66
Loving the ADE-33. Such a deep unit and already integral in my rig. Installed it in my Makenoise shared system and just throwing locked gates from the Renée through it has transformed my patches. You need one!
vonstirlitz
Nice. It looks like it has a tonne of functionality for a small footprint. Need to see some demos first though. Not much out there right now.
koshi
I like it a lot. Its cool little module for adding variety to your patches. Love it for hihats or snares but you can get cool effects triggering envolopes with it.

@vonstirlitz See here for example.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf-88AMhwmm/
vonstirlitz
Thanks for that. Nice demo. I actually decided to order a Phoreo today to add to my rhythm rack, as that looked more hands on, and suited to the tasks I need right now. So my quest for beat modulating modules is on hold for now, but I will keep my eyes on this module, as the probability and logic aspects look interesting.
abstractjuz
ADE-33 Event Boss review in this month's issue of > Sound On Sound <.

"…there aren’t many modules that will deliver endless rhythmic pings and subtle timing shifts alongside more familiar roles such as clock division and logic. …this is a very impressive multi-utility module with a huge number of possible applications"

thumbs up
gummyboy
Any product demo video yet?
abstractjuz
gummyboy wrote:
Any product demo video yet?

We're working on it!

We had someone lined up to do a product video but unfortunately that fell through and it's taken longer than hoped to that get back on track.

Help me out here - there's some initial demo/overview videos linked above, there's a complete manual and quick start guide available online, theres been a positive review in Sound On Sound - and I'm always available to answer question and help new users get up and running...

...what do you need out of a video that's holding you back on trying this out?

sad banana
popvulture
I’d love to see a proper demo vid too! This thing seems super cool, but it is a bit tough to glean it’s functionality from the stuff that’s currently available out there. I think people just wanna see it in action outside of a conference setting seriously, i just don't get it

I’m VERY interested and may just take the plunge whenever PCA gets more back in stock, but a basic-ish functionality demo would nonetheless rule! Psyched to hear how it would sound with a Pam’s screaming goo yo
gummyboy
popvulture wrote:
I’d love to see a proper demo vid too! This thing seems super cool, but it is a bit tough to glean it’s functionality from the stuff that’s currently available out there. I think people just wanna see it in action outside of a conference setting seriously, i just don't get it

+1 !!!
vibralux
Very interesting module
Flexyflier
Think I will grab one of these
arechfer
will love to see more videos also...seems very interesting
abstractjuz
Quick update on this...

We've got an ADE-33 Event Boss overview/tutorial slotted in for the October/November issue of Future Music magazine in Ben DivKid's 'Modular Monthly' section.

That comes out late October, early November (AFAIK!) and includes some really helpful video content from Ben himself which covers setting up and getting round the interface and gives some real-world patch examples for each of the Global Modes.

We are also working on getting video manuals in place for products as a deeper, more technical reference - but that's still ongoing.

HTH!

thumbs up
radin
ADE-33 appears to be sold out of all US retailers at the moment. Any idea on restock? Looking for one! Also, no idea why this is my 1st post but hello!
abstractjuz
Hey @radin
radin wrote:
ADE-33 appears to be sold out of all US retailers at the moment. Any idea on restock? Looking for one! Also, no idea why this is my 1st post but hello!

I believe the last batches of US ADE-33 stock have sold out or been reserved before they've even hit the stores.

The best way to get one locally is to hassle your favourite local retailer and ask them to re-stock - if they hear it from customers, they'll get stock back in.

Might also be worth checking directly with Detroit Modular even though they don't have it listed...

Alternatively - if you can't find stock locally - you can buy direct from the Abstract Data website and we ship internationally at no extra charge.

HTH! thumbs up ...oh, and welcome!
peripatitis
This looks like a very interesting module. The manual needs a bit of concentration to really grasp what is going on but does it only have one output?
I would imagine with all this rhythm mangling ability you would get more outputs.
radin
Thanks! Indeed, Detroit Modular did have the Event Boss in stock but it was not listed on their website. They said it would be up later today.

As always, they were very responsive and I made a quick purchase. Looking forward to receiving it in the near future.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2