MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Tiny taste of COTK C1660 and Grove PM Resonator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Tiny taste of COTK C1660 and Grove PM Resonator
JohnLRice
Since I'm still recovering from the PNW Synth Meet (getting gear set back up, doing laundry, clearing away the piles of stuff that fell over but I was just stepping over for weeks etc etc Dead Banana ) I haven't quite got back in to the fancy video demo mode yet but . ..

I started to play around just running my Roland FantomXR through the Grove Audio PM Resonator and COTK C1660 Phase Processor and I thought this sounded kinda cool! hyper It was actually scarring the crap outa me a couple times since I have a sub woofer hooked up and the sound is VERY dynamic! eek! (watch yer volume untill you know what its gonna do when! MY ASS IS BLEEDING )

The C1660 is really doing most of the work here, the sound does get shapped and goosed a bit by the PM Reso but most patches on the Roland had a fairly similar sounding effect through this patch.

So, just a picture and a MP3 file:

sonix
Looks great in your rack.

The yellow collor gives a nice touch when this modulle sits in between other .com modulles.
analogsteve
Sounds cool. I can't wait to get mine.

JohnLRice wrote:
It was actually scarring the crap outa me

Stay away from the sharp edges!
JohnLRice
Thanks sonix and analogsteve . . but . . D'OH!!!!!!!!!!!!! d'oh! The PM Reso was in bypass mode for that sample! (I'm such a goof! waah )

To make up for it I'll post another couple quick samples. oops
JohnLRice
This sample is JUST the PM Resonator passing pink noise from a MOTM-101. I'll probably do a demo video later so you can see what knob is doing what.
nerdware
Thanks! My ears are melting. lol BTW, what does the Sub Audio Oscillator sound like - and what's that doing on a Phase Processor? Mr. Green
JohnLRice
nerdware wrote:
what does the Sub Audio Oscillator sound like - and what's that doing on a Phase Processor? Mr. Green

It's just the internal LFO! hihi
rezzn8r
nice little demos! sounds sweet. the pink noise one gives a nice impression of the module's abilities (I think...)

cheers Guinness ftw!
kindredlost
Very nice sample demos John.

I have a PM Resonator on order from Grove Audio. It will serve to compliment the synthesizers.com Q127 Fixed Filter Bank nicely.

I use the hell outta my Fixed Filter Bank. The PMR will be a necessary sound shaper and free up the FFB for overall EQ on the final out. I've been need in to get the proper EQ for a couple of woodwind and brass sounds. This is gonna be very useful.

-David
emdot_ambient
Unusually for me, I'm actually down in my studio (in the cave that is my basement), so for once I'm listening on decent speakers. Aside from the over the top bass, that first demo sound so freaking awesome!

Might have been nice to hear the dry sound first. It really has a Klaus Schulze intro quality.
emdot_ambient
Everything sounds better with reverb on it. Mmm, reverb.

Both the other demos are awesome, too. Thanks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1