MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Jove 80 build thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Jove 80 build thread
pix
Just finished mine and it's a fantastic filter. Specially the BPF. Just wondering what resistor values you used to normalize the levels of the different filter outputs.
slyfocks
Would you happen to have a copy of the schematic for revision 1.5? Currently building a PCB labeled 1.5 but the only schematic and BOM I can find is 1.4.
pix
I think that's what I used too. I can check the version of my pcb tonight.
wardour
I just built a JOVE, BP / HP sound great / work fine, the lights are working for the LP12 / LP24, but no sound, on the LP24, I can heard the resonance knob, but no sound, and the LP24 I hear nothing,

Any suggestions on where to look?
lemnquest
I’m having a hard time finding the pots called for on the BOM. If someone could point me in the right direction that’d be top!
Looking forward to building one of these they sound fantastic

EDIT: It actually states that they can be found at smallbear electronics ON THE BOM very frustrating

Unfortunately shipping to EU is steep for just a handful of parts. Does anyone have an alternative source?
Mochi_Stryper
These pots ought to work. I'm on my mobile so I can't verify that the value is correct, but it is the correct footprint.
slyfocks
wardour wrote:
I just built a JOVE, BP / HP sound great / work fine, the lights are working for the LP12 / LP24, but no sound, on the LP24, I can heard the resonance knob, but no sound, and the LP24 I hear nothing,

Any suggestions on where to look?

Just to clarify, the lights are working for all modes, and you meant to say LP12 when you said “LP24 I hear nothing”?

If so, there might be a problem in the Out2A/2B section of the circuit. I’d check the components around U3 to make sure there are no bridges and everything is soldered.
lemnquest
Thanks Mochi! The BOM lists RV16AF-41-15K-B50K, which seems to suggest a range of 15K - 50K resistance, but when I follow the part number given and look them up on small bear there is no data sheet for the part to check if that's correct. Can anyone who's completed the build confirm what values these pots need?
I had a look at what there is on Tayda and all the pots with the right footprint look like 15R-50K.
scdreger
lemnquest wrote:
Thanks Mochi! The BOM lists RV16AF-41-15K-B50K, which seems to suggest a range of 15K - 50K resistance, but when I follow the part number given and look them up on small bear there is no data sheet for the part to check if that's correct. Can anyone who's completed the build confirm what values these pots need?
I had a look at what there is on Tayda and all the pots with the right footprint look like 15R-50K.

I used the Tayda pots and works just fine.
cygmu
lemnquest wrote:

That's not what the numbers mean. B50K does denote the maximum resistance and taper but the other characters are just the part number.

I believe the 15K means 15mm T-18 type shaft, while 15R means 15mm round shaft.
Datasheet: https://www.rapidonline.com/pdf/65222_v1.pdf

Rapid in the UK stock some of these pots but not in 50k value. I think in the Jove you will be fine with 100k though.
lemnquest
cygmu wrote:
That's not what the numbers mean. B50K does denote the maximum resistance and taper but the other characters are just the part number.

I believe the 15K means 15mm T-18 type shaft, while 15R means 15mm round shaft.
Datasheet: https://www.rapidonline.com/pdf/65222_v1.pdf

Rapid in the UK stock some of these pots but not in 50k value. I think in the Jove you will be fine with 100k though.

I was definitely having a noob moment there! That naming system sounds a lot more plausible.

Knowing that, there's actually a fair few places with some in stock. Nice one.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1