MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Update: 8 16bit cv outputs from computer!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Update: 8 16bit cv outputs from computer!
Suburban Bather
wetterberg wrote:

http://wetterberg.dk/uploads/analog_test.maxpat
- here's the patch, in all it's modesty - a lot of fun, nonetheless - loading it up will definitely let you know if your interface is dc-coupled or not.


I just downloaded the Max/MSP demo. How would I go about loading this patch?
wetterberg
install the demo, open max, "open" and then select the patch...
Suburban Bather
But how do I grab the patch? It just opens a link to the text file.
parasitk
If you're on a Mac, just option + click the link. Or you can do the right/control + click thing and pick "download"... is that what you mean?
Suburban Bather
The text file worked. I just had to hit the load from clipboard button and Max loaded the patch.

Thanx for sorting me out Andreas.

Thats it!!!!!!! I must learn how to use Max/MSP this is too cool hyper
Veqtor
It'll get way cooler when Max for Live get's out and you can program tiny live instruments that convert notes into cv for your motu interface etc
criticalmonkey
i still expect max/msp to be much more creative then the motu volta - things like the source of uncertainty are not covered by volta - however using volta inside max may be a sweet option for doing all sorts of shit
Soy Sos
I plan to get my shit together and get better at Max/MSP.
I think the way to go for me eventually will be to make Pluggos
that can open in DP as regular plugins. As of now though Max 5
is not compatible with Pluggo. It should be fairly doablesoon to
pack some of Wetterberg's style sequencers into sync-able plug-ins.
dkcg
Soy Sos wrote:
I plan to get my shit together and get better at Max/MSP.
I think the way to go for me eventually will be to make Pluggos
that can open in DP as regular plugins. As of now though Max 5
is not compatible with Pluggo. It should be fairly doablesoon to
pack some of Wetterberg's style sequencers into sync-able plug-ins.


You could always start the project in 4.6.3 if you wanna make Pluggo plugins, but the Max 5 graphics make those interfaces sure look nice.
wetterberg
Ableton Live users get the triple-bonus package this year, it seems!

But yeah, start in 5, then by the time everything's smooth sailing pluggo will be ready, for sure.
mono-poly
http://www.koncon.nl/ipsonlab/

That works great with max/msp (OSC)
And i am pretty sure it works with Kyma to.
wetterberg
yep, it's just really really expensive, and it's not as fast as doing it with audio - I wouldn't want to do much of anything with OSC now that I've started using audio.
mono-poly
I heard the basic board cost about 100 euro.
And i think it isnt slow at all and the resolution should be 12 bit/channel.
Here is a little info about it (first post on top)

http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17893&postorder=asc&hig hlight=ipsonlab&start=75
wetterberg
mono-poly wrote:
I heard the basic board cost about 100 euro.
And i think it isnt slow at all and the resolution should be 12 bit/channel.
Here is a little info about it (first post on top)

http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17893&postorder=asc&hig hlight=ipsonlab&start=75
I know all about it, been writing back and forth with Lex, the designer, both before and after it was built.

The ipsonLab Compact, which you'll need for this, is € 200,- for an "ex-student" of the uni, and you'll need to write to them in order to get a board, I imagine 250 euro, and it's DIY assembly.

Then add to that the board, which is 150 euro, assembled, for Ex-student- probably (still guessing here) 175 euro for non-students.

so that's 250+175 which is 425 euro. Thanks, but no thanks, you can get a Motu for half that, or less than half.
mono-poly
I'll let you know what i paid for my kits.
Because i am not sure about the prices you mention.
wetterberg
mono-poly wrote:
I'll let you know what i paid for my kits.
Because i am not sure about the prices you mention.
they're on the website. Minimum price for an ex-student, if they diy the whole thing is 325 euro.
http://www.koncon.nl/ipsonlab/buy.htm
mono-poly
Hey Cool

325 for an ex student for a IpSonCompact + OSC-CV board (16 CV outputs, 12bit) (pre-made)

That would give me 13 cv inputs 12bit an 16 cv outputs without affecting my audiointerface.
I will get a kit for sure smile
mono-poly
Ok i had contact with Lex he is gonna get me some.
Anyone else wants to jump in?

IpSonCompact 200 euro + OSC CV board for 325 euro.
This will give you 13 cv inputs and 16 cv outputs at 12 bit resolution.
Comunication with OSC witch you can use with max/msp, reactor, kyma.
wetterberg
that's a great price, imo. Would love a standalone box to be used with the Lemurs "bouncing balls"! No computer smile
mono-poly
I hope to post something done with it in a few months smile
witz
Hello mono-poly, any news ? did you receive the board ?
macumbista
Getting on board late... but I'm sitting listening to Pure Data freak my modular through the headphone outputs of my Hammerfall DSP Multiface I. It didn't really work through the normal analog outputs because of blocking caps, but some unknown reason those crazy German engineers thought that people needed a DC coupled headphone jack. Nuts... I guess this "feature" disappeared on the Multiface II. Go figure.

Tip for Pd users: send values between -1 and 1 as audio signals to the soundcard output (i.e. using ~ objects). This should give you -2V to +2V peak to peak range, or a 4 octave spread on typical modules. Probably works on Max too....

More Pd tutorials: http://en.flossmanuals.net/puredata
kopplog
It's peanut butter jelly time! gosh!
Remedial
Morning, all.

Okay, I'm considering a purchase of a Realistic Concertmate MG-1 and was hesitating due to the lack of midi.

Now, I do own a 828 mkII, which appears to be one of the "workable" soundcards mentioned in this post. Now, would it be feasible for me to use this Max patch to direct MIDI from my external hardware sequencer (MPC3000) to my 828, through this patch and to the MG-1?

Or, will all sequencing have to be done within this Max patch or a software sequencer?

Also, I'm guessing a purchase of full version of Max will be necessary. I've also heard that similar functions can be accomplished in Pure Data. Anyone know of any patches?

And, in closing, thanks for creating this, Muff.
wetterberg
Remedial wrote:
Now, I do own a 828 mkII, which appears to be one of the "workable" soundcards mentioned in this post. Now, would it be feasible for me to use this Max patch to direct MIDI from my external hardware sequencer (MPC3000) to my 828, through this patch and to the MG-1?
you got it - one of the prime uses of Max is actually as a midi reinterpreter.
Remedial wrote:

Also, I'm guessing a purchase of full version of Max will be necessary. I've also heard that similar functions can be accomplished in Pure Data. Anyone know of any patches?
Interestingly, the patch in PD would look more or less the same.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 4 of 5
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group