MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

How to create a noise source when you don't have one?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author How to create a noise source when you don't have one?
chrisdermo
Curious to hear any tips anyone might have to creating an approximation of white noise (like for a snare) when you don't have one? Particularly within the synthvoice setup. Ive tried various high frequency oscillating fm sources to modulate the frequencies of other oscillators but are there any particular waveshapes etc that work better than others? Perhaps modulating the higher frequency oscillator I'm using as my fm source in some way? Some patch ideas would be great if anyone has any.
Hi5
No experience with the Bugbrand gear but try FMing the two vco against each other. The feedback routing with the right depth and freq settings will get you some noisy results.
BugBrand
Yes, there's a lot of possibilities with 2 VCOs cross-modulating at hi-freqs - I tend to take the output of one to the CV of the other and vice-versa - set both modulations to full - there's quite a range of 'noise' there.
indexofmetals
shortwave radio or old tv. the SD card in the radio music is great for storing these types of things.
T. Jervell
BugBrand wrote:
Yes, there's a lot of possibilities with 2 VCOs cross-modulating at hi-freqs - I tend to take the output of one to the CV of the other and vice-versa - set both modulations to full - there's quite a range of 'noise' there.

This worked great for me when I made my track for the comp thumbs up
jjsynth
Using the feedback trick with the wavefolder as described in the manual of the Synthvoice gives a nice noise source.
chrisdermo
Thanks all, feedback FM it is! thumbs up
I need to read back through the manual again, got too distracted with all the other bits and pieces and lost track of the fundamentals
Phil999
when I was travelling with only a Microbrute synth and some effect pedals in my luggage, I sometimes routed the headphone out of an iPad into the Microbrute audio in, running a iVCS3 white noise patch.
chrisdermo
Just spent the evening trying this out - super versatile! Thanks everyone.
Also literally just discovered the joys of using the bugs as a drum synth via my beatstep pro! Weeks of fun to be had with this.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1