MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Moffenzeef Stargazer - dual wavetable oscillator drone synth
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Moffenzeef Stargazer - dual wavetable oscillator drone synth
Infinity Curve
Realized there wasn't a thread for this here. Just released today, limited to 50 units, for sale direct from them. From the website:

https://www.moffenzeefmodular.com/stargazer/

FEATURES:

DUAL WAVETABLE ØSCILLATØR WITH 90 ARBITRARY WAVEFØRMS

SUBØCTAVE, DETUNE, VØLUME FØR SECØND ØSCILLATØR

2 RESØNANT FILTERS

SAMPLE RATE REDUCTIØN

BIT RATE REDUCTIØN

DIGITAL VCA

3 WAVETABLE LFØS

CMØS DISTØRTIØN WITH 100X GAIN

EXPRESSIØN PEDAL INPUT

1/4" AUDIØ ØUTPUT, IMPEDANCE MATCHED FØR GUITAR AMPS & EFFECTS

6VPP ØUTPUT: SUPER LØUD!

TEENSY AUDIØ LIBRARY/ARDUINØ CØMPATIBLE

SPECS:

’STANDARD’ 9VDC CENTER NEGATIVE "BØSS STYLE" REGULATED PØWER SUPPLY (NØT INCLUDED)

CURRENT DRAW: 70MA +9V

100K ØUTPUT IMPEDANCE

DIMENSIØNS: 6.77” X 7.77” X 1.5”

https://www.moffenzeefmodular.com/stargazer/

Looks and sounds amazing!! I've got one on the way, will be sure to share some sounds and impressions once it arrives.
mt3
Caught my eye!
ignatius
it's really good. i've never been into drone boxes but i've heard a few... Ross brought this into modular8 several times so he could play it loud w/o annoying one particular neighbor and it's quite impressive. really refined and great bass, great texture, and very versatile. the bass is something else. nice enclosure nice interface.

it's limited. it's my guess it'll sell out.
paranoidmoonduck
I think this thing sounds fucking astonishingly good. I rarely get a ton of use out of drone boxes and try to limit myself to one at a time, but this thing is a seriously cool standalone digital synth.
Gribs
The device definitely sounds interesting. I am not really into drone or noise boxes either but for some reason the Lyra 8 and this thing both interest me. Maybe I am into them and don’t know it.
Infinity Curve
Well as of last night they were down to only 12 of the 50 remaining, so seems sales are going well

Super excited to get this in my hands. Love the fact that this runs on pedal power and is suited for connecting to effects pedals. Thinking a little pedal board drone system with this at the heart might be pretty cool and a great little self contained system.
zolar_czakl
Loving those sounds!
Unborn Gore
I'd be all over this if I hadn't just sprung for an Evolver. Thing sounds great!
Infinity Curve
7 left now! Super stoked this did so well, hopefully it leads to more stuff like this from them
zolar_czakl
Yeah this thing looks like a lot of fun w00t
I wasn't sure about the lack of ins/outs, but after watching the video I get that this is how it's meant to be, and I dig it. Trigger pulled! Miley Cyrus
Panason
Quote:
Stare intø the sky møuth agape while shredding parallel dimensiøns with this hypnøtic vømitrøn.
mick
Wow, this looks stunning!
dandandan
Can’t motivate a purchase at the moment but examples on instagram sound amazing. Ah well... seriously, i just don't get it
/\/\/\/\/\/
Yeah sounds nice. Can't afford though. Oh well seriously, i just don't get it
Panason
øh well seriously, i just don't get it
Gribs
Hmm... Suppose you were going to buy one drone synth. Would you go for this one or the Lyra 8? I don't care what is inside the box making the sound (digital, analog, whatever), all I care about it noodling away from my big modular.
Addam
Demo vid (which is great) says they will be making firmware updates and they have the schem and source code posted, too. Maybe they will be selling PCBs at some point?
Infinity Curve
Gribs wrote:
Hmm... Suppose you were going to buy one drone synth. Would you go for this one or the Lyra 8? I don't care what is inside the box making the sound (digital, analog, whatever), all I care about it noodling away from my big modular.

They both seem very different with different feature sets and very different sounds. I would look at what both can do and decide which feature set works better for you.

I have also been somewhat interested in the Lyra 8, but not enough to pull the trigger just yet. I was falling all over myself to throw money at Moffenzeef for the stargazer from the very first prototype demo they posted, no idea what it even was at that point, but that sound!

I haven't been this excited for a new piece of gear in a really long time It's peanut butter jelly time!
Gribs
Infinity Curve wrote:
Gribs wrote:

They both seem very different with different feature sets and very different sounds. I would look at what both can do and decide which feature set works better for you.

I have also been somewhat interested in the Lyra 8, but not enough to pull the trigger just yet. I was falling all over myself to throw money at Moffenzeef for the stargazer from the very first prototype demo they posted, no idea what it even was at that point, but that sound!

I haven't been this excited for a new piece of gear in a really long time It's peanut butter jelly time!

Well, in the end I decided on the Stargazer. I think the Lyra-8 is pretty interesting but after listening to many demos decided the Stargazer "tickles my insides" and "massages my outsides" better hihi
zolar_czakl
Sold out. Doesn't look like they're planning for a second run. Mine arrived yesterday and I spent a couple hours testing the limits, pushing it through some delay and reverb. This thing has a really nice range within those confines. I sent some LFO into the expression pedal input and it was cascading the three onboard LFOs quite nicely. The two resonant filters, sample reduction, and bit rate reduction lend to some rich harmonics. Very happy with this purchase applause
Infinity Curve
Nice!! Can't wait for mine to arrive!! hyper

Let's hear some demos
ignatius
a few retailers have them in stock per moffenzeef instagram.
de_raaf
looks very cool, like the wavetable option, i like the lyra 8 a lot, though after doing gigs with i kinda wish it had not 8 of all the same osc's, some thing like wavetables could make a box like that have more different and varying sound potential etc
i now made a 4 voice touch/seq 12U with all different osc's and it pretty cool, better fm, more envelope control, qmmg in the middle etc
zolar_czakl
de_raaf wrote:
looks very cool, like the wavetable option, i like the lyra 8 a lot, though after doing gigs with i kinda wish it had not 8 of all the same osc's, some thing like wavetables could make a box like that have more different and varying sound potential etc
i now made a 4 voice touch/seq 12U with all different osc's and it pretty cool, better fm, more envelope control, qmmg in the middle etc

The Stargazer has two oscs, but there's just one wave selection so both oscs are alwyon the same wave. And then the second osc has a detune and a subosc switch.
de_raaf
than still due tte wavetablebank it can sound different, a reason why this stargazer probably chose for a wavetable osc's, different vibes possible, which also makes more exciting on the longterm i think
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2