MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Equinoxe question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Equinoxe question
jack multiple
I want to use my equinoxe module with line level signals, fx send return from a mixer. In the manual Tony says that can be done by lowering R31 and increasing R11.

Does anyone have a definite value for those 2 that would work? or a Guesstimate?
Synthbuilder
A good mixer will be able to handle the signals that the Equinoxe needs.

However, a more budget mixer may not have the headroom required and may need a bit of help with the gain staging. In this case you could make R11 56K and R40 7K5.

Tony
jack multiple
um.. Tony is R40 there a typo? Did u mean R31 as it says in the manual?
Synthbuilder
jack multiple wrote:
um.. Tony is R40 there a typo? Did u mean R31 as it says in the manual?

No typo in the post above. To reduce the gain of the output stage to just two then R31 and R40 should be the same. And generally the lower the value the lower the noise (up to a point) so it's slightly better in this case to alter R40 instead. Alternatively, you could make R31 56K since the increase in noise from the amplifier will be negligible compared with the rest of the circuit anyhow.

However, there is a typo in the Builder's Guide. Lowering R31 will indeed increase the gain as it says in the BG. But that is not what one wants to do if you have a line level input and want a line level output. For line level outputs you need to decrease that gain at the output. I'll correct that shortly. Sorry for the confusion.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1