MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DIY bastl "granpa v1.2" software troubles!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author DIY bastl "granpa v1.2" software troubles!
Ganjouille
Hi wigglers!

I'm noob and need some first-aid assistance!

I got this granpa module from a friend half-mounted in a plastic bag seriously, i just don't get it

So I put the thing together. The MCU was missing but luckilly I have one liyng around!

I found the bastl git repo with the needed libraries and module software!

But after installing it I get compilation error! very frustrating

If somebody out-there could help me figure this out, THANK YOU! I got no response so far from bastl support email.

Let me know and I will post more informations!

we're not worthy
Geo747
I may be able to help. What are you using and how are you trying to compile and load the software?
What errors are you getting>
its kinda hard to diagnose without some of that information haha
Ganjouille
Hi Geo!

Yes I know it's hard to be wizzard and use your crystallball! w00t

So I'm using Arduino IDE 1.8.5 on a Ubuntu 16.06 LTS machine.

The hardware I want to programm is an ATmega328P

The errors I get is following:

In file included from /home/jean/Arduino/libraries/bastl-master/StepRecorder.cpp:8:0:
 /home/jean/Arduino/libraries/bastl-master/StepRecorder.h:14:26: fatal error: BastlStepper.h: No such file or directory
#include <BastlStepper.h>
^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Erreur de compilation pour la carte Arduino/Genuino Uno

I installed the bastl library using the .zip lib procedure from Arduino IDE

The mentionned Step.Recorder.h fil is actually present in the bastl-master folder...

I don't understand what's going wrong!

EDIT:

I figured out that BastlStepper.h is not present in the bastl-master folder. That's maybe the point! Now I go find it!
Ganjouille
Sorrsy for the confusion but after restarting the procedure I now got this error:

/home/jean/Arduino/eurorack/grandPa_1_2/grandPa_1_2.ino:32:20: fatal error: WaveRP.h: No such file or directory
#include <WaveRP.h>
^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1

The software comes from THIS repository. Its name is "GranPa_1_2"

w00t
Geo747
I managed to recreate the same issue on my system. You need to download the waveRP library from https://code.google.com/p/waverp/ and install it in the same way as the bastl library. As well as this you need the SDFat library. I however have found some problems with this as the code calls for a file SdFatUtil.h which i cant find except in the SD library in which case it doesnt want to load for me properly anyway. I will have another play with it to see if i can get that to work

Thanks,
George
Ganjouille
Ok Geo thank's!

Yes I got that WaveRP and installed it. I then came accross the SdFatUtil.h error and I get rid off by changing the the line to #include <SD.h>. This calls the SD library included in the installation. There's a SdFatUtil.h file located in the library folder under "utility".

I have also the SdFat library installed. Isn't there a conflict between those two SD libraries?!
I don't know if I'm right so far but know I came accross this "BastlStepper.h" error.

I don't know wich call in the programm causes this error it's not really self-explaining...

Here the error I got with actual code:

In file included from /home/jean/Arduino/libraries/bastl-master/StepRecorder.cpp:8:0:
 /home/jean/Arduino/libraries/bastl-master/StepRecorder.h:14:26: fatal error: BastlStepper.h: No such file or directory
#include <BastlStepper.h>
^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1

I just created a git repo with taht programm on it and the changes I made in the "test" branch". Don't know if it's usefull!

https://github.com/Ganjouille/bastl-GranPa/tree/test
Ganjouille
And yes,

THANKS! thumbs up
Ganjouille
So I went through all library call errors and made a huge mess in those folder to merge the library in one single place...

Changed some calls and got HUG amount of errors angry cry hmmm.....

Don't know how to fix that stuff seriously, i just don't get it
Geo747
Yeah I tried doing the same thing and it seems to just keep adding more errors. All the library dependencies seem to be all over the place on their github and stuff. I dont really know if i can help anymore sorry. I think your best bet is to wait and see what bastl support say (Maybe try contacting them through github issues or something as well).
The other thing you can do is work out how to upload the compiled hex file to the chip using a programmer like described in the readme file here: https://github.com/bastl-instruments/production
sorry I cant help any mroe than that.
George
Ganjouille
Ok thank's a lot! I also found this option and wasn't shure about the right procedure.

The way I think is right is following:

first upload the "arduino_bootloader.hex" and after this the "granpa.hex"

hope this will work

I will come with updates soon !
Geo747
Yep that should work. If your 328p chip has come out of an arduino it probably already has the bootloader on it (although the bastl bootloader may be slightly different from the stock arduino one im not sure"

good luck with it
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1