MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Electric Druid CEM Replacement Chips
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Electric Druid CEM Replacement Chips
Don T
Just curious, has anyone tried the as3340, as3320, and as3310 chips by Electric Druid that replace the CEM chips of the same number? I have an OB-Xa voice board in need of two 3340 and one 3310.
lasesentaysiete
fyi they're not by Electric Druid, they're just available through them. The company is Alfa Rpar: http://www.alfarzpp.lv/eng/sc/application.php
cygmu
Roman Sowa did some tests of the 3340:
http://www.sowa.synth.net/synthchips/index.html
Don T
cygmu wrote:
Roman Sowa did some tests of the 3340:
http://www.sowa.synth.net/synthchips/index.html


lasesentaysiete wrote:
fyi they're not by Electric Druid, they're just available through them. The company is Alfa Rpar: http://www.alfarzpp.lv/eng/sc/application.php


Many thanks to both of you for this information! Looks like I'll be sourcing some CEM3340 Rev. G for the VCOs at least.
tobb
wow.looks like AS3340 sucks badly!

Now i am curious how the Coolaudio 3340 will perform.
notmiserlouagain
tobb wrote:
wow.looks like AS3340 sucks badly!


Roman Sowa´s homepage wrote:

So it looks like AS3340 works pretty well, with only slight waveform differences to CEM3340(G) that only purist geeks could notice.


hmmm.....
flts
If I understand correctly, Roman's preliminary measurements / results actually show that the CEM3340 Rev. G (last graph) performs much worse than AS3340 regarding temperature stability?

So basically, AS3340 vs. CEM3340(G) waveform differences are minimal, and with the measurement setup used, AS3340 had bad temperature stability and CEM3340(G) even worse?
notmiserlouagain
flts wrote:
If I understand correctly, Roman's preliminary measurements / results actually show that the CEM3340 Rev. G (last graph) performs much worse than AS3340 regarding temperature stability?

So basically, AS3340 vs. CEM3340(G) waveform differences are minimal, and with the measurement setup used, AS3340 had bad temperature stability and CEM3340(G) even worse?


Yes, but with himself casting doubt on the exactness of the measurements...

Of course temperature stability is an issue, I just wouldn´t say these vcos *suck bad*,
flts
notmiserlouagain wrote:
Of course temperature stability is an issue, I just wouldn´t say these vcos *suck bad*,


Yeah, sorry for the confusion - my comment was also directed as a clarification to tobb, but you managed to post before I did smile "Wow, looks like it sucks badly" sounds pretty premature / harsh based on those measurements...
joshielevy
Just got some of the CoolAudio v3340 - Doesn't Electric Druid sell these ones too? I just started breadboarding it this week, so not much to say besides all 3 of the waveforms look ok, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting the frequency control working...going off their datasheet, the biasing network isn't really working right for me, but like I said I'm just getting started with it...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group