MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Oakley ADR30 analogue delay rack module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author New Oakley ADR30 analogue delay rack module
Synthbuilder
The Oakley Sound Systems ADR30 is an analogue delay module that processes audio signals to create echo and chorus effects. It uses two Xvive MN3005 bucket brigade delay (BBD) integrated circuits to produce a very distinct 'vintage' sound. Classic companding noise reduction circuitry further adds to the sonic characteristics.

The four layer PCB is available now. It's designed to be half rack sized so in theory two could be placed side by side in a 1U rack. I've built my single unit prototype in a low cost Takachi YM-300 case.

More details including prices, builder's guide and ordering information at the usual place:

http://www.oakleysound.com/ADR30.htm

I'll be updating this page in the next day or two with some sound samples and pictures of my prototype.

Tony

Pav
Nice one , I hope there is demand for the 1/2 rack format. hmmm.....
Synthbuilder
Pav wrote:
I hope there is demand for the 1/2 rack format. hmmm.....

Half rack is great. Though I don't expect demand to be high. My most popular project, apart from the 5U ADSR, was the TM3030 and that was half rack. It beat the earlier TB3031 which was the expanded full rack width version.

I think some folk like the half rack format as it allows them to fit it into a full width rack with space for I/O or other stuff on the front, it also allows one to build a desktop unit with the pots mounted off board and on the top surface without too much hassle, and it also allows one to build it into the many smaller project boxes, like the YM-300 I'm using.

I also like it as the PCB is just small enough to fit into a 'large letter' package to send safely in the post. The boxes for the 19" Filtrex and SRE330 projects are expensive to buy and send.

A eurorack version in surface mount would be a possibility but I've got other things to finish first.

Tony
Altitude909
excellent. This will be the summer of rackmount oakley stuff
Rex Coil 7
Very nice, Tony!

I went to the website (via the link you provided), read it all, listened to it all. Nicely done. The included LFO and it's influence generated a question ... is there a simple enough method or modification to add a CV input that would defeat the LFO, (perhaps a switching jack) so an outboard envelope generator could be used in it's place? Or even a velocity signal so that harder key strikes would modulate the repeat rate (or even the feedback level)?

Or am I speaking of a total redesign, which is obviously out of the question?

Thank you .... nice work, love the delay, diggin on the half rack form factor .... it's all good (woops, did I say that?) razz

(I bet no one has ever said that to you before) meh lol

thumbs up
Pav
Synthbuilder wrote:
Pav wrote:
I hope there is demand for the 1/2 rack format. hmmm.....

Half rack is great. Though I don't expect demand to be high.[removed]...

Tony

I hope the demand for all your boards is solid of course.
Paradigm X
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Very nice, Tony!

I went to the website (via the link you provided), read it all, listened to it all. Nicely done. The included LFO and it's influence generated a question ... is there a simple enough method or modification to add a CV input that would defeat the LFO, (perhaps a switching jack) so an outboard envelope generator could be used in it's place? Or even a velocity signal so that harder key strikes would modulate the repeat rate (or even the feedback level)?

From the manual;

An external control voltage (CV) can be applied via a dedicated socket on the rear panel to alter the delay time. A positive voltage will decrease the delay while a negative voltage will increase the delay. The CV will add to the effects of the internal LFO if applied and the delay control knob. However, the maximum and minimum delay times of the unit can only be extended a little in this way
GryphonP3
Woooow... The sound examples are so close to my WAD. Pretty amazing delay man!! Will definitely be building at least one. Would be cool to see some more Oakley half racks to fill out the other side smile Your stuff has really been sounding amazing lately!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1