MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Peter B Workshop SF August Tocante/Mobenthy
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Peter B Workshop SF August Tocante/Mobenthy
horaflora
Special announcement for San Francisco bay area:
Workshop with Peter B for 8/18 at Noisebridge! He is offering kits, at half price of completed instruments, Tocante for $210 & Mobenthey set for $999.
Tocante is 10 flavors: circle, square, triangle, red circle, red square, red triangle, bass square, bass triangle, zenert and karper.
Mobenthey set includes: fourses, 3xswoop, 2xdenum, dunst, sprott.
Peter requested an Informal poll so he knows what to bring. If you’re planning on coming down, what are you interested in building? I’ll post more information as it becomes available.
ehafh
it would be awesome if those IFM pcb/panels were for sale on a regular basis or even a limited time.

if anyone making the decision reads this please consider it, we would gladly pay money on top of the board costs. i probably can't afford to fly out to SF + hotel + event but would love to build these things.

and to all the lucky people who can get to the event have fun!
jsu
Click here for the official page and registration link that pre-orders your kit.
Multiple Tocantes are okay, including day of the event.
First come, first served on registration.

Here is the Facebook Event page.

Below is a video of Peter's introduction from the last workshop we held in 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfgPuuJqg0U
rmro
Are any of these planned for Europe any time soon? I'd love to attend one of these.
jsu
Registration is still open for the August 18th workshop! We would love to have you with us in San Francisco! Be sure to register an order for your kit now if you wish to attend. hyper
muddy ranks
Out of excitement I jumped at the chance to register, but to be honest, I really have no experience building electronics. Any suggestions on a good way to get started? Or at least get in enough practice before the workshop? d'oh! help
jsu
muddy ranks wrote:
Any suggestions on a good way to get started? Or at least get in enough practice before the workshop? d'oh! help

Absolutely, come by Noisebridge and learn to solder. Open 11am - 10pm daily. We have all of the tools you'll need on-hand. Every Monday at 7pm is when we teach a class on soldering and basic electronics called "Circuit Hacking Mondays" that is on noisebridge.net, meetup and our facebook. You can walk out of that class having actually built a simple kit.

Main things you'll need are a steady hand and patience. Peter is patient and helpful. We'll help you out as best we can.
muddy ranks
jsu wrote:
muddy ranks wrote:
Any suggestions on a good way to get started? Or at least get in enough practice before the workshop? d'oh! help

Absolutely, come by Noisebridge and learn to solder. Open 11am - 10pm daily. We have all of the tools you'll need on-hand. Every Monday at 7pm is when we teach a class on soldering and basic electronics called "Circuit Hacking Mondays" that is on noisebridge.net, meetup and our facebook. You can walk out of that class having actually built a simple kit.

Main things you'll need are a steady hand and patience. Peter is patient and helpful. We'll help you out as best we can.

AWESOME!! That's so cool. The next two mondays aren't gonna work for me, but following that I'll be there!
namon
Oh snap, sounds amazing!
horaflora
Hey, the initial post here says 8/19 - I just sold a Tocante in order to fund this workshop, and now may not be able to go! Please edit so nobody else falls for this!

Edit: doh! Completely forgot that I posted this on behalf of the people putting it on....
wow

very frustrating
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1