MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Roll your own Sidrax with IFM modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Roll your own Sidrax with IFM modules
williamjturkel
In this blog post, PB suggests it is possible to roll your own Sidrax with IFM modules (or maybe with Denums specifically). I don’t have experience with Sidrax... could someone suggest what kind of patch he might have in mind?
Ras Thavas
The Tetrax and/or Sidrax uses pressure sensitive wooden "barres" to control the volume of individual oscillators for each barre. You tune each barre separately for the scale you want. There's a lot more to it than just this simple description, with the numerous intermodulation patch points, but you could use multiple Denums with one or two of his barre modules to patch something similar in euro as each Denum has the oscillator and VCA you'd need.
williamjturkel
Thank you, that is very helpful. I haven't tried running piezo inputs into my IFM modules, but I am going to explore a few options over the next week or two.

I guess it would be more difficult to implement the knob that turns up the level of interaction between the oscillators, although maybe a feedback matrix would go into similar territory.
Ras Thavas
williamjturkel wrote:
Thank you, that is very helpful. I haven't tried running piezo inputs into my IFM modules, but I am going to explore a few options over the next week or two.

I guess it would be more difficult to implement the knob that turns up the level of interaction between the oscillators, although maybe a feedback matrix would go into similar territory.

I'd guess something like patching each oscillator out thru a separate VCA to the next oscillator's bounds CV input, looping back from the output of the last oscillator to the bounds input of the first, would get you close. The classic Blasser circular feedback matrix thing. You'd have control each VCA w the same cv, something like a Planar, Blinds or a SISM would emulate that singular manual control.

Not as elegant as a Sid or Tetrax, begins to be a forest of patch cables for sure.
williamjturkel
I’m taking my first step into the forest of cables options with a three-ring of Richard Brewster’s Quantussy cells (using Bastl Tromsø and 2hp S+H)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1