MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

STS Serge owners in NYC area
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author STS Serge owners in NYC area
jsicp
Wondering if there were any STS Serge owners nearby who would be up for letting me try their unit in my apartment (I'm in lower Manhattan). I have four STS panels and three of them work fine, but my Animoo has osc. drift issues in my apartment building (works fine everywhere else). I'll spare you the details of the issue right now, but needless to say it is not a power issue related to the building, and your Serge will be 100% safe here. Just curious if another STS Serge panel with an oscillator would would work fine here...

I will treat you to a meal or something in return for you making the trek to my place.

Many thanks in advance for your consideration.
jsicp
bumping
jsicp
bumping for 2019
syncretism
Well, I'm a couple hours north by Peter Pan or Trailways or whatnot; if you want to bring your Serge up this way, you can plug into one of my PSUs. I'll even make you dinner wink
jsicp
Hi syncretism,

Thanks for the offer, that's very kind of you.
Another wiggler brought his Blue Voice panel over today and lo and behold the oscillators went nuts here as well.
So I guess my experiment is complete - STS Serge oscillators just don't work in this place.
FatRocky
jsicp wrote:
Hi syncretism,

Thanks for the offer, that's very kind of you.
Another wiggler brought his Blue Voice panel over today and lo and behold the oscillators went nuts here as well.
So I guess my experiment is complete - STS Serge oscillators just don't work in this place.

hmmm..... do you mean with your power supply? or in your location?
jsicp
My location.

Every other factor has been tested for.
Power supply, current, in isolation and in combination with other cables, grounding, etc.
There's just something in the area that's confusing the Serge.
Gonna try Random Source 4U and see what happens...

I guess I should now say that if any of you happen to be in the NYC area and have any 4U Random Source Serge, I'd love to try it out in my apartment if you'd spare ten minutes of time ....
FatRocky
double post
FatRocky
jsicp wrote:
My location.

Every other factor has been tested for.
Power supply, current, in isolation and in combination with other cables, grounding, etc.
There's just something in the area that's confusing the Serge.
Gonna try Random Source 4U and see what happens...

I guess I should now say that if any of you happen to be in the NYC area and have any 4U Random Source Serge, I'd love to try it out in my apartment if you'd spare ten minutes of time ....

How interesting! did you try other rooms or , neighbors ? Is the Serge oscillators the only oscillators you have in there?
jsicp
I did. Tried it ten stories down in a guy's home studio. Same exact problem.
But taken to a different neighborhood - works fine.
jsicp
Ah, yeah it's an Animoo panel.
revtor
It’s Zoul...

Who you gonna call?
FatRocky
hmmm..... but does it happen just to Serge oscillators?
syncretism
Are you in the same building as you were in 2018 and 2017?
jsicp
Yes! Thanks - forgot to post a link to that old thread.
tau_seti
Buy a cheap EMF meter on amazon. Frankly if your oscillators are going nuts, it might not be the healthiest place to sleep.
jsicp
Good idea. Kinda scared to see the readings but probably better to know...
jsicp
Bought an EMF reader and luckily I'm not seeing anything concerning in terms of my "ambient" levels.
I do however get readings as high as 50mG when I hold the device directly over the Serge (especially over the center power distribution strip for M-boat).
I guess this is standard? All this is new to me.
jsicp
If anyone has any Random Source 4U Serge in NYC, I would love to try it out before placing my order....Any kind souls out there?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1