MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

difference between rollz5 and plumbutter 2?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author difference between rollz5 and plumbutter 2?
Montgomery Word
what the title says, what’s the difference between a rollz 5 and a plumbutter 2?

...and is “SIDROLZ” just sidrax and rollz 5, or something else? i’ve heard of “sidraw”, too, which makes things more confusing. EDIT: i answered myself on the next reply below on this one.

thanks and be easy on me, first ciat-post.
smile
Montgomery Word
found meng qi’s definition of the sidrolz on his bandcamp:

“Sidrolz is a representative work of mine to explore this method. It combines 2 circuit designs from Peter B : rolz - a primitive oscillation circuit; sidrassi - 7 osc synth. The former provides extra high circuit sensitivity (easy to interfere). And on the interface design I used both banana jacks and touch nodes to maximize the realtime playability. The latter allows 2 classic musical elements - polyphony and steady pitches. So it can do melody, harmony, chaos and noise, as well as offering possibility for various degree of human / machine decisions.”

pretty wild.
ClausF
what’s the difference between a rollz 5 and a plumbutter 2?
Rollz-5 is the precursor of Plumbutter. Rolls-5 are some modules, Rollz, AVDog, Gongue and ULtrasound. The Rolls make the rythm, the others the sound. Nothing is CV controllable. Rollz is diy via paper circuits or Meng Qi PCB

Plumbutter is the advanced Version: not so many rolls, but with pots to change parameters. Also CV controllable. The 3 others are advanced versions of the rolls-5 modules and also CV controllable. And there are new modules: Snare, Man with the red steam, Mixer, Deerhorn. Plumbutter is a product, you can only buy it (but it is documented, if you want to try to build one...)

Both are well described by papers on the CL Website and also on the website
Montgomery Word
ClausF wrote:
what’s the difference between a rollz 5 and a plumbutter 2?
Rollz-5 is the precursor of Plumbutter. Rolls-5 are some modules, Rollz, AVDog, Gongue and ULtrasound. The Rolls make the rythm, the others the sound. Nothing is CV controllable. Rollz is diy via paper circuits or Meng Qi PCB

Plumbutter is the advanced Version: not so many rolls, but with pots to change parameters. Also CV controllable. The 3 others are advanced versions of the rolls-5 modules and also CV controllable. And there are new modules: Snare, Man with the red steam, Mixer, Deerhorn. Plumbutter is a product, you can only buy it (but it is documented, if you want to try to build one...)

Both are well described by papers on the CL Website and also on the website

thank you. i’ve been perusing the ciat londbarde site, but things are dense, or i am.
ClausF
Dense? Welcome to the world of CL.... Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1