MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Transposer module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Transposer module
cupwise
I think it would be cool if there were a simple transposer module, that would pass CV through and add an offset to it, as dictated by probably just two simple knobs-
an octave transposer,
and a semitone transposer

I know I could combine the DC module and the quantizer but it's a bit more time consuming and complicated that way, won't show me exactly by how many semitones I'm transposing at any given moment, and doesn't give me the octave control.

One good use for this I could see, would be if you somehow or other managed to get recordings of CV from an analog sequencer running in your modular, got the CV recorded into your daw (using silent way's method, or... is there even a such thing as a good interface with DC coupled inputs where you could record cv directly?), and then you could easily modulate/transpose the sequences up and down after you set it up to loop in your daw.

I don't know, maybe it's not such a hot idea. Seems like it might be fun though.
os
Disting mode A-1 gives you octaves and mode C-1 gives you semitones, so those will do what you want in combination.

Quote:
is there even a such thing as a good interface with DC coupled inputs where you could record cv directly?

ES-6, ES-7 or ES-8.
cupwise
nice to know about disting. so with those ES modules, i could record CV back into my DAW?

because what i think would be really cool would if i could do that, and record several patterns i created with some analog sequencer modules, record that back into my DAW, and the start sequencing those sequences, looping them, etc, and if there were a silent way module that would allow me to transpose them up and down by octaves and semitones, i could sequence an entire track that way.

as it is i could use a simple gain boost/reduction on the sequences, but it'd be nice to know my adjustments were going to come out at an exact semitone/octave, with a really simple control switch doing it. how many db would it take to get a semitone adjustment anyway? would it scale and always be the same (talking about inside a daw)?
os
Quote:
so with those ES modules, i could record CV back into my DAW?

Yes.

E.g.

The easiest way to transpose would probably be to use the Silent Way Voice Controller to create a pitch CV, and add that to the recorded patterns (in software or hardware).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1