MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

My new System 15....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author My new System 15....
noddyspuncture
Hi folks,

Well, my System 15 with 953 keyboard has arrived.

Many thanks to Norman, who is also on Muff's, for all his help.

He basically collected it for me, stored it, took delivery of a crate I had made, then actually sourced packaging materials and packed it for me. He then printed out the shipping labels, stuck them to the crate and let the couriers, which I'd arranged, collect it...!

Thanks Norman, I really cannot thank you enough..!
Without your help I just wouldn't have this thing...!!

hamildad
something wonderful MiniMoog

Cant imagine what it would be like waiting for this courier package to arrive...

even when its a DVD, I'm running round the house like a Labrador when the doorbell goes...
trentpmcd
Very cool. I can't imagine any child at Christmas being as excited as you opening that package! I know I would be.... Is it going to be some how incorporated into your gigging set up?
noddyspuncture
trentpmcd wrote:
Is it going to be some how incorporated into your gigging set up?

No, I just wanted to own some 921's...!
The big beast I gig will stay all 901's - they sound so much better... cool
Rex Coil 7
noddyspuncture wrote:
Hi folks,

Well, my System 15 with 953 keyboard has arrived.

If there is anyone here among us that can wring out that synth for all it has, it's you Tom.

I'm very excited for you! w00t

When I saw this thread at the top of the line in the 5U subforum, read the title, I actually gasped aloud and said "he got it!"

Good on ya. I hope to soon hear most excellent sounds in the (undeniably on it's way) video debut of your new piece.

Happy Tom Day.

thumbs up
JohnLRice
Congrats, Tom! w00t screaming goo yo SlayerBadger! This is fun!
gregae
Very cool! Congrats Tomto!
jkjelec
Whoa dude, sorry to be so forward, but you should see a Dr about your inextricable growth spurt! It's like you grew 12 feet overnight! hihi

Haha, Congrats!
noddyspuncture
jkjelec wrote:
Whoa dude, sorry to be so forward, but you should see a Dr about your inextricable growth spurt! It's like you grew 12 feet overnight! hihi

Haha... does look a lot smaller don't it...!?

And it sure sounds a lot different.... those 921's are a forward step in stability but definitely a backward step sonically. I can compare now and it's very apparent...!

But, I have the best of both worlds now... maybe I should introduce them and get them singing in unison sometime... hyper
Dave Peck
Wow I think I missed the first part of this story! Is this one of the new Moog reissues? If not, where on earth did you find such a mint condition system?
Rex Coil 7
Dave Peck wrote:
Wow I think I missed the first part of this story! Is this one of the new Moog reissues? If not, where on earth did you find such a mint condition system?

noddyspuncture wrote:
Hi folks,

Could anyone here one please confirm for me that the new Moog modular re-issues do indeed use the original Allen Bradley potentiometers and those original rotary switches throughout...?

Cheers,
Tom

(taken from this thread linked below)

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=200005&highlight=
noddyspuncture
Dave Peck wrote:

Yes Dave, it's the reissue... I have number 55 of 150.
It was bothering me that I didn't have 921 oscillators and when I spotted this one, complete with 953 keyboard - for a great price, I just couldn't refuse..!

The impossible part for me was collecting it, storing it and crating it... but I had help... thanks to Norman in Chicago we're not worthy
CZ Rider
Nice score Tom! thumbs up
Such a nice system to expand an existing Moog. You can never have enough 902 VCA's. Nice set of keys too!
Dave Peck
noddyspuncture wrote:
Dave Peck wrote:

Yes Dave, it's the reissue... I have number 55 of 150.
It was bothering me that I didn't have 921 oscillators and when I spotted this one, complete with 953 keyboard - for a great price, I just couldn't refuse..!

The impossible part for me was collecting it, storing it and crating it... but I had help... thanks to Norman in Chicago we're not worthy

...and you now have BOTH types of Moog fixed filter banks! Quite luxurious!
TheDegenerateElite
Very nice.

Congrats!
Neovintage
Congrats on your new Moog!!

I love your slippers Guinness ftw!
umma gumma
wow, that is pretty amazing

congratulations!!
noddyspuncture
Was messin' with the System 15 and hooked it up to my 1125 sample & hold... cool

hsosdrum
noddyspuncture wrote:
Was messin' with the System 15 and hooked it up to my 1125 sample & hold... cool

MOST kewel! we're not worthy
Rex Coil 7
noddyspuncture wrote:
Wow! I see what you mean .... it really doesn't sound like The Beast after all. There seems to be less of a midrange warmth component present in the ~15~, no matter how you set the fixed filters.

That's not to say the ~15~ sounds bad, but it's certainly not the same as what The Beast puts out there.

Thanks for the video, Tom! As usual .... you deliver!

cool
noddyspuncture
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Wow! I see what you mean .... it really doesn't sound like The Beast after all. There seems to be less of a midrange warmth component present in the ~15~, no matter how you set the fixed filters.

Actually, comparing 'noises' is probably not the best way of hearing the differences between them. I'm going to get them both together - side by side - and play some Emo type lines. That should give us more of an idea... hyper
josaka
wondering the difference in sound between the new 921 and the old 70s 921s..

I will have Synth-Werk 921 ABBB in the next few weeks if all goes well. smile

I use my current Mos-Lab 921 clones more for mettallic/sync ..more aggressive bass/electro/space sounds.. which they are great..!
they mix very well with the 901 creating a huge sound.
Rex Coil 7
^ ^ ^ ... in the first 30 seconds or so, the low end of that monster rattles the camera so much the vibration is seen as the image of the synth vibrates out of focus.

I suppose I'm being Dr. Obvious.

meh
ranix
noddyspuncture wrote:

Nice Moog dude, and nice Atari thumbs up
noddyspuncture
One thing I've noticed is that the reissue EG's seem to behave differently with the same control setting as my other, original, R.A. ones..!

Very apparent when trying to set a patch like the 'Hoedown' wail etc...

I don't know if my originals are faulty - but I've gotten used to them now... and they do "work" and do what it says on the tin - so I looked at the schematics... maybe calibration could make them behave the same..?

But there is only calibration for three things: Zero o/p, Glitch and Output offset.

Hmmm.... must be more going on there than I thought... hmmm.....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4