MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pulsar-23 by Soma
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next [all]
Author Pulsar-23 by Soma
1n
All the above. A joy forever, I reckon.
neuroportal
After a hiatus on buying kit, I have finally capitulated and signed up for preorder.

I now need to sell stuff. I decided that I will also finally get a Lyra 8, too.
Panason
You can also use the crocodile clips as nipple clamps for live performance
buzzlegs
Panason wrote:
You can also use the crocodile clips as nipple clamps for live performance

speaking from experience?
Panason
meh I'm too shy and not into noisecore/industrial!
But I can just picture this thing attached to someone's highly pierced/modded body.

Everyone should try a little nipple clamping IMO.
hyper
electricanada
dandandan wrote:
senecio wrote:
This man is a genius and true artist!

Yes! In my mind he is something of a Russian version of Ciat-Lonbarde’s Peter Blasser.

Funny, I was just thinking that this demo sounds like the Rollz 5 f*cked a Lunetta and made a baby drum synth.
electricanada
This is going to wind up being probably $2K shipped to my door. A man could build one hell of a Eurorack drum synth for that kind of cash. Is it really price-competitive? (Not saying I don't have immediate, full-blown GAS for it though....)
electricanada
electricanada wrote:
This is going to wind up being probably $2K shipped to my door. A man could build one hell of a Eurorack drum synth for that kind of cash.

Or buy four DFAMs.
RickKleffel
electricanada wrote:
electricanada wrote:
This is going to wind up being probably $2K shipped to my door. A man could build one hell of a Eurorack drum synth for that kind of cash.

Or buy four DFAMs.

...None of which I would want, in any event. The unique artistry that goes into these SOMA rigs is exactly what I am after. This is clearly a lot more, and to my mind, a lot more interesting than those or other alternatives. I don't even really think of it as a "drum machine." I would suggest it is a very odd synthesizer that lends itself to use as rhythm generator, but not exclusively so. The rhythmic functions are extensions of the synthesis offered, not limitations.
electricanada
RickKleffel wrote:
electricanada wrote:
electricanada wrote:

Or buy four DFAMs.

...None of which I would want, in any event. The unique artistry that goes into these SOMA rigs is exactly what I am after. This is clearly a lot more, and to my mind, a lot more interesting than those or other alternatives. I don't even really think of it as a "drum machine." I would suggest it is a very odd synthesizer that lends itself to use as rhythm generator, but not exclusively so. The rhythmic functions are extensions of the synthesis offered, not limitations.

I fully agree. I'm just trying to talk myself out of it. I held off getting my Lyra fully six months after my name came up on the list. But this Pulsar I will probably go for as soon as I have the opportunity. DFAM and Ciat Lonbarde are awesome, and have been on my GAS list -- but this one is calling to me even stronger.
anselmi
wow...really great device...but the price is too high for what it is

I think it should cost much less than that, around $1000 would be a fair price and also I´m sure it would sell much more units this way, helping to rise his company name
buzzlegs
anselmi wrote:
I think it should cost much less than that, around $1000 would be a fair price and also I´m sure it would sell much more units this way, helping to rise his company name

have you built gear before?
anselmi
buzzlegs wrote:
anselmi wrote:

No, but I bought gear before razz
buzzlegs
anselmi wrote:
buzzlegs wrote:
anselmi wrote:

ah right, so you've no clue at all of what costs are involved in designing and building equipment, ok...
globalwm
buzz legs wrote:
ah right, so you've no clue at all of what costs are involved in designing and building equipment, ok...

The grass is always greener on the other side of just about anything. Some folk feel that other people's time and efforts are worth little or next to nothing. well said.

ps. I own a Lyra-8 which was purchased direct from SOMA. It was a very positive ordering experience given the logistics involved.
placebo92
globalwm wrote:
buzz legs wrote:

The grass is always greener on the other side of just about anything. Some folk feel that other people's time and efforts are worth little or next to nothing. well said.

ps. I own a Lyra-8 which was purchased direct from SOMA. It was a very positive ordering experience given the logistics involved.
Ya same. The Lyra seemed well priced, especially given the build quality. Soma may be a relatively new company but they have my trust. Vlad seems like an honest and passionate inventor.
anselmi
buzzlegs wrote:
anselmi wrote:
buzzlegs wrote:
anselmi wrote:

of course not...and have you ever run a company? or you are just thinking that DIY is the same that build gear to sell in a bigger number than one at the time?

Did you (and the other teenager up here claiming justice) know that a company´s business model can be much more complex than simply adding up everything you spent in parts, adding what you think your working time cost and then selling the product by this number?

When you have gone through business adolescence, come back and we can talk about products costs w00t
buzzlegs
anselmi wrote:
buzzlegs wrote:
anselmi wrote:
buzzlegs wrote:
anselmi wrote:

of course not...and have you ever run a company? or you are just thinking that DIY is the same that build gear to sell in a bigger number than one at the time?

Did you (and the other teenager up here claiming justice) know that a company´s business model can be much more complex than simply adding up everything you spent in parts, adding what you think your working time cost and then selling the product by this number?

When you have gone through business adolescence, come back and we can talk about products costs w00t

i'm 47 and have ran my own company for last 20 years.
anselmi
buzzlegs wrote:
anselmi wrote:
buzzlegs wrote:
anselmi wrote:
buzzlegs wrote:
anselmi wrote:

i'm 47 and have ran my own company for last 20 years.

thumbs up
GNSDG
This is pretty incredible.

I get that we should all exercise humility when throwing in our two cents about pricing, features, etc., but no reason to jump on someone for saying the pricing seems off. Value is not determined by costs—that point is really irrelevant. Sure your opinion on pricing is just that—one data point in determining what’s market—but it’s valid.

This is special product regardless of price. Dude is talented.
electricanada
GNSDG wrote:
This is pretty incredible.

It really is, and he really is. I have his Lyra 8, which is teaching me how to listen to sound in a new way every time I play it. I think the Pulsar will be a much bigger hit on the marketplace than the Lyra is though.
anselmi
GNSDG wrote:

agreed...very talented designer with a clear vision and a tangible "heart" in his products...love all this in a synth company
SPIKE the Percussionist
HOLY FRACK!
amazing noiz weapon!
Easterner
This looks and sounds amazing... pre-ordered!
electricanada
I think for this one Vlad could actually get people to put down payments on, if he settled on a final price. I'd probably do it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next [all]
Page 2 of 20