MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pulsar-23 by Soma
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next [all]
Author Pulsar-23 by Soma
electricanada
slam wrote:
Panason wrote:
Hmm , looking at the clock divider, it only offers straight subdivisions. 1/4 , 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16.... so it may not be possible to patch up more funky rhythms without external sequencing.

The manual says you can connect several of them together and they are summed.

Can you figure out how to get a basic clock in 3, 5, or 7 by doing that? Such arithmetic is over my head.
anselmi
electricanada wrote:
slam wrote:
Panason wrote:
Hmm , looking at the clock divider, it only offers straight subdivisions. 1/4 , 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16.... so it may not be possible to patch up more funky rhythms without external sequencing.

Can you figure out how to get a basic clock in 3, 5, or 7 by doing that? Such arithmetic is over my head.

With this clock divisions I donĀ“t think so...It would need a reset input

Maybe you can modulate the clock speed (as in the DFAM) to simulate this
slam
electricanada wrote:
slam wrote:
Panason wrote:

1+2=3
4+1=5
1+2+4=7
electricanada
slam wrote:
electricanada wrote:
slam wrote:
Panason wrote:

1+2=3
4+1=5
1+2+4=7

If only it were that easy.
anselmi
slam wrote:
electricanada wrote:
slam wrote:
Panason wrote:

1+2=3
4+1=5
1+2+4=7

sorry, but this will not work as you expect...triggers in the same place (time) just generate a redundant event

Panason
Vlad is answering questions on the GS thread... sounds like that you'd have to use external sequencing to get triplets.
Quote:

yes, they (looper recordings) are lost upon power off, yet all midi assignments are saved. so best to prep a recorder if you're not merely performing live.

We believe this will gently push some of you to commit (record-making there and then) while keeping you on your toes when performing live, just like an acoustic instrument would. This is where happy accidents occur and you're always at the edge musically.

Yes, intricate and interesting patterns are what we aimed for, we're fans of IDM, Jungle, Indian Raga/African Drumming and contemporary electronic techno and urban grooves. If you require micro editing rather then mastering and trying to play it in (which we highly recommend)
, then our quantize and even better the DAW will be your best tool, our internal tests with devices such as ERM Multi Clock has shown below micro-second midi latency response.

I guess there's always the tempo knob for slowing down the BPM, playing in your jungle breakcore gangsta groove at slow tempo and then speeding it up.
blw
Quote:
yes, they (looper recordings) are lost upon power off, yet all midi assignments are saved. so best to prep a recorder if you're not merely performing live.

We believe this will gently push some of you to commit (record-making there and then) while keeping you on your toes when performing live, just like an acoustic instrument would. This is where happy accidents occur and you're always at the edge musically.

He's keeping us on our toes like worrying about power cycles? hihi

I might be happier with volatile memory if it is keeping the price or complexity lower, but its funny to frame it as a blessing for 'artistic' reasons.
electricanada
Panason wrote:
Vlad is answering questions on the GS thread... sounds like that you'd have to use external sequencing to get triplets.

You can always play your triplets into the looper by hand, just like you can play your odd-meter grooves into the looper by hand. It's only if you require machine assistance that an external device becomes necessary. I kind of like that Vlad's design pushes people to develop and rely on real-time musicianship, rather than simply manipulating someone else's programming.
Bobby
i cant log in to GS! if anyone else cares can they clarify if the DCO is quantized or unquantized please. im guess if its a DCO its quantized to some degree but im hoping it isnt set to western intervals.

(basically i wanna do microtuned scales)

>>>> scrap this. Got into my account thanks.
Panason
electricanada wrote:
Panason wrote:

You can always play your triplets into the looper by hand, just like you can play your odd-meter grooves into the looper by hand. It's only if you require machine assistance that an external device becomes necessary. I kind of like that Vlad's design pushes people to develop and rely on real-time musicianship, rather than simply manipulating someone else's programming.

I program my own beats, good sir. Haven't turned to MIDI files just yet eek! I'm not so fussed about this as to argue, but you may know that, in general, a lot of electronic music is about sequenced stuff that cannot be played by hand, and it's the machine groove of sequencers that makes it appealing to a lot of people.

Being able to program in certain things brings out ideas that I wouldn't come up with by playing things manually. So I usually combine both manual playing and step sequencing to come up with beats.
electricanada
Panason wrote:
electricanada wrote:
Panason wrote:

I program my own beats, good sir. Haven't turned to MIDI files just yet eek! I'm not so fussed about this as to argue, but you may know that, in general, a lot of electronic music is about sequenced stuff that cannot be played by hand, and it's the machine groove of sequencers that makes it appealing to a lot of people.

Being able to program in certain things brings out ideas that I wouldn't come up with by playing things manually. So I usually combine both manual playing and step sequencing to come up with beats.

I get that. It's why I like modular--I like building machines that surprise me with things I wouldn't have thought of otherwise. But I'm not crazy about robotic drum machine music. I like that Vlad is pushing in a new direction instead of replicating what's already been done.
behndy
that is toooootes the appeal of modular to me as well.

those moments of I DUNNO WHY THE FUZZY BEAR BALLS THAT HAPPENED BUT MANNNN I AM GLAD IT DID WOOT are transcendent
Bobby
Bobby wrote:
i cant log in to GS! if anyone else cares can they clarify if the DCO is quantized or unquantized please. im guess if its a DCO its quantized to some degree but im hoping it isnt set to western intervals.

(basically i wanna do microtuned scales)

>>>> scrap this. Got into my account thanks.

Confirmed by Vlad by other means. Quantised to standard western imteravls via midi. Unqauntized by CV.

Im a very happy bunny! Rockin' Banana!
Bobby
I'm looking for a way to mount this on top of my euro cases in an upright fashion. Some thing a bit like this I'm imagining (but ideally some way of clamping):

https://www.djmmusic.com/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=22307&SEName=tiger -desktop-sheet-music-stand-adjustable-tabletop-book-stand-48cm-x-34cm& gclid=Cj0KCQjww7HsBRDkARIsAARsIT66C99dXnwgDcY4BMZm3qZ1WXbgbZHTU0MpKCtW Tcs9NdLp4aJP_T4aAuwdEALw_wcB

Anyone got any ideas?.
behndy
murrrrr so not coming out September? sad face.
Bobby
behndy wrote:
murrrrr so not coming out September? sad face.

yeah Ive been dying to ask if anyone's had an update. its gotta be soon!
Panason
It's not just "coming out", there's a waiting list. I can imagine certain gentlemen will be offering Vlad extra money to jump the queue and some others will be putting it on ebay at 2x the price.
Bobby
Panason wrote:
It's not just "coming out", there's a waiting list. I can imagine certain gentlemen will be offering Vlad extra money to jump the queue and some others will be putting it on ebay at 2x the price.

I'm 90 something on the official list, ain't seen nout on eBay yet. Trent may have his but I figure it just ain't ready personally.
platform
Soma wrote in an email to me today:

"We will start shipping to early bird customers within a month or so. We're in mass production and it'll ramp up for others as we go."
Bobby
platform wrote:
Soma wrote in an email to me today:

"We will start shipping to early bird customers within a month or so. We're in mass production and it'll ramp up for others as we go."

Nice one for the update. Thank you!
echologist
Man oh man, the suspense waiting on this email hyper

Literally been sitting on money avoiding buying any other gear waiting on this beast. Something has to give help
slam
echologist wrote:

Literally been sitting on money avoiding buying any other gear waiting on this beast. Something has to give help

That is why you have two kidneys.
Bobby
echologist wrote:

Got a Mail from Soma on the weekend........

.......It was about the pipe. Oh the roll coaster.
echologist
slam wrote:
echologist wrote:

That is why you have two kidneys.

hihi
echologist
Bobby wrote:
echologist wrote:

Got a Mail from Soma on the weekend........

Do tell Sir!

.......It was about the pipe. Oh the roll coaster.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next [all]
Page 18 of 21