MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pulsar-23 by Soma
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23, 24, 25  Next [all]
Author Pulsar-23 by Soma
Jee
chvad wrote:
NoLegs wrote:
chvad wrote:
also don’t care about the quantizing.

regarding numbering order... i didn’t get mine at first either when i pre-ordered. I just wrote them back out of curiosity when people started posted numbers and asked.

Thanks! I’m trying that. Do you remember when you ordered?

6-14-2018! Seems like forever ago lol.

Do you have a number?
I wrote on oct 6th 2018... curious to see where I am in the list!
NoLegs
chvad wrote:
NoLegs wrote:
chvad wrote:
also don’t care about the quantizing.

regarding numbering order... i didn’t get mine at first either when i pre-ordered. I just wrote them back out of curiosity when people started posted numbers and asked.

Thanks! I’m trying that. Do you remember when you ordered?

Thank you! I ordered on 6-13 so maybe I snuck in the first 100.
EPTC
chvad wrote:

Same date for me! If you're #108, I'm partly hopeful I am around that as well (as that would be outside of the original 100) - A few other instruments are soon showing up that I'd also committed to years back and want to focus on learning them when they arrive too ... so I'm oddly in a position of being happy to keep waiting. It's weird how these can cluster together. What a great time to be alive when many of these ambitious inventions are getting realized.

Some time in 2020 might be great ... I'd even consider waiting til it's in shops. That will be lovely if it happens.

Just very happy it exists.

Wonderful job on the final look of the thing. I know my heart says go with black, but boy that orange looks outrageous, too.
anselmi
UndercoverBrother wrote:
I think you should move on, we got your point. You just don't get the instrument philosophy, it's not for you, let it go

LameAim
I sent an email back in June 2018 to be added to the waitlist, got confirmation back for it.

Inquired as to what number spot I had in May 2019, never got a response confused
Bobby
I wouldn't stress yet. I'm in the double digits and haven't had a mail and I spoke to someone in the single digits earlier who hasn't had their mail either.
electricanada
I got on the list on July 2, and I think I’m going to pass on this round. You’re welcome, people behind me! You owe me one....
chvad
EPTC wrote:
chvad wrote:

Same date for me! If you're #108, I'm partly hopeful I am around that as well (as that would be outside of the original 100) - A few other instruments are soon showing up that I'd also committed to years back and want to focus on learning them when they arrive too ... so I'm oddly in a position of being happy to keep waiting. It's weird how these can cluster together. What a great time to be alive when many of these ambitious inventions are getting realized.

Some time in 2020 might be great ... I'd even consider waiting til it's in shops. That will be lovely if it happens.

Just very happy it exists.

Wonderful job on the final look of the thing. I know my heart says go with black, but boy that orange looks outrageous, too.

lol I'm hoping this and my pre-ordered Summit dont arrive on the same day. Not sure what I'd do with myself lol. You know... I like the idea of a white pulsar to pair with my white lyra but I am a SUCKER for ORANGE anything. When I bought my Waldorf XTk I think the color had more to do with the synth lol. I am def rolling orange on this. It screams at me! lol
Modulus
Richard Devine shredding the pulsar23.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4yR2gbHPJm/

Wowsers
guigui
Modulus wrote:

Wowsers

HAHAHAHAHA that's insane!!!!
LameAim
Well, that sounded mental.

Also the black version is sexy AF.
moloque
Nice to hear an other one playing it!

Still cannot make my mind if I go Orange or Black. Either way I'd be happy hopefully only couple of month left waiting....
Shakespeare
I'm not coming up until #1179, so I've probably got a few months to save my
slam
Modulus wrote:

Wowsers

Wow that sounds awesome!
anselmi
Modulus wrote:

Wowsers

look guys! not a trace of unquantized hits! still you love it razz

good-old mechanical feeling...wonder how it was programmed/played
heckadecimal69
anselmi wrote:
Modulus wrote:

Wowsers

You're really stuck on that and it's a bit tired.

The triggers could easily have been unquantised, while the modulation and clocking is folding in on itself using clock dividers to keep it mathy.
slam
anselmi wrote:
Modulus wrote:

Wowsers

If it sounds good it is good.

Why are you still here? It’s fine if you don’t like it but why rain on our parade?
anselmi
heckadecimal69 wrote:
anselmi wrote:
Modulus wrote:

Wowsers

You're really stuck on that and it's a bit tired.

The triggers could easily have been unquantised, while the modulation and clocking is folding in on itself using clock dividers to keep it mathy.

grumpy boy hihi
anselmi
slam wrote:
anselmi wrote:
Modulus wrote:

Wowsers

If it sounds good it is good.

Why are you still here? It’s fine if you don’t like it but why rain on our parade?

because I can...? seriously, i just don't get it
why you?
odditymedium
in richard's videos, how is the pulsar playing "by itself"? is there an external midi clock or sequencer playing the pulsar? or is there a way to setup sequences and evolving loops within the box?

if so, then this is very good.

(this is a genuine question, meant in earnest ... i don't know enough about the pulsar)
electricanada
odditymedium wrote:
in richard's videos, how is the pulsar playing "by itself"? is there an external midi clock or sequencer playing the pulsar? or is there a way to setup sequences and evolving loops within the box?

if so, then this is very good.

(this is a genuine question, meant in earnest ... i don't know enough about the pulsar)

Three possibilities:

1. He’s playing a cv loop on the pulsar.
2. He’s sending external Gates in to the pulsar.
3. He’s sending external midi in.

All are possible.
moloque
You don't see the beginning of any patch. He could have played it with his hand (to record the loops). Than tweak it until he have a good groove than record the video... Everything can be modulated with everything....

Anyway, it does sound good so who care? hihi

It's a beast machine to practice your finger drumming skills...

d'oh! thumbs up Rockin' Banana!
odditymedium
if the sequencing is happening within the box, then this is a whole another beast - it is self contained! i don't need anything else.

i read up a bit about the loopers, but still a bit confused - how long do they loop? is it based on "bars"?

(no shade/subtext here - i'm a big fan of vlad, and know him personally, so i'm very much looking forward to the pulsar)
Bobby
odditymedium wrote:
if the sequencing is happening within the box, then this is a whole another beast - it is self contained! i don't need anything else.

i read up a bit about the loopers, but still a bit confused - how long do they loop? is it based on "bars"?

(no shade/subtext here - i'm a big fan of vlad, and know him personally, so i'm very much looking forward to the pulsar)

I can't rewatch now to help you but the fact it's Richie D and from what I can remember every minijack to crocodile clip converter (the section top left) is used, its safe to say you are hearing more than just the pulsar. How much more I wasn't entirely sure tho.
odditymedium
well, that's too bad. all i wanna hear is a pro with the pulsar straight up, no muss no fuss. not vlad, not soma, not some trade convention, but an extended pulsar-only composition. nothing off screen, no hidden magic.

having said that, i'm looking forward to sequencing the pulsar with bitwig, of course.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23, 24, 25  Next [all]
Page 20 of 25