MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pulsar-23 by Soma
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next [all]
Author Pulsar-23 by Soma
placebo92
I keep hoping for a new demo..
electricanada
placebo92 wrote:

I'd like to know how the rhythm patterns are created and stored. Right now I am clueless as to how that might work.
placebo92
electricanada wrote:
placebo92 wrote:

I'd like to know how the rhythm patterns are created and stored. Right now I am clueless as to how that might work.

Ya I'm curious about that too, do you tap the sensors and then it loops the rythyms..?

They give some explanation on their site:
Quote:
– 4 independent loop recorders with the option for individual clocking. They record triggering events, not audio.
– Clock generator with an array of dividers as a very powerful tool for rhythm synthesis.
, but I can't really imagine how that would be played.

Also they mention a DSP effects processor with cv control over it's entire sample rate, really curious what will be included in there. This could be an awesome effects unit for outside sources as well.. Gah so excited.
AW198
This thing is ridiculous... those sounds are incredible.

Does the MIDI capability mean that rhythms be locked to a tempo? I got the impression from the trigger looping section of the video (although I didn't watch the whole thing, just had it in the background to listen to) that you have to input the rhythms yourself. If it can be locked to a grid and have rhythm edits done live then wow.
bobbylandry
Also curious how exactly the loopers work. Seems a cool idea to get some feel from the instrument instead of a sequencer. They do seem to be synced to each other and seems like they sync to midi. I'm assuming it's implemented well since Soma has been making awesome stuff so far.
damase
this is hands down the coolest synth demo ive ever heard. those sounds and rhythms are just wild...
there is no mention of separate outputs, and all i see is the 1 mono trs cable in the demo. i hope there is a way to output the individual voices by patching. That could be deal breaker for me, as cool as it sounds, drum synths with only 1 main output are difficult to find a good workflow when it comes to recording and mixing.

also not in love with the croc clips, even after reading the explanation it just seems messy. not a deal breaker though.

very interested to see how it turns out
electricanada
damase wrote:
this is hands down the coolest synth demo ive ever heard. those sounds and rhythms are just wild...
there is no mention of separate outputs, and all i see is the 1 mono trs cable in the demo. i hope there is a way to output the individual voices by patching. That could be deal breaker for me, as cool as it sounds, drum synths with only 1 main output are difficult to find a good workflow when it comes to recording and mixing.

also not in love with the croc clips, even after reading the explanation it just seems messy. not a deal breaker though.

He says in the video that there are separate outputs per voice.
bmot
What an amazing demo, I’m seriously considering selling several things just to buy this. I don’t usually spend so much money at one time so it would be new territory for me

Edit: I’m on the waiting list. Just need to save a few
damase
electricanada wrote:
damase wrote:

He says in the video that there are separate outputs per voice.

excellent thank you i mustve missed that, now i can properly lust
behndy
electricanada wrote:
I think for this one Vlad could actually get people to put down payments on, if he settled on a final price. I'd probably do it.

lol. i'd actually love doing a down payment, would help me make sure i have enough Gear Cabbage set aside when they're ready to pay down a bit (or all if possible) before hand.
Unborn Gore
I wonder if he'll bring it to market before the $#!+ hits the fan between the US and Russia.
horaflora
behndy wrote:
electricanada wrote:
I think for this one Vlad could actually get people to put down payments on, if he settled on a final price. I'd probably do it.

lol. i'd actually love doing a down payment, would help me make sure i have enough Gear Cabbage set aside when they're ready to pay down a bit (or all if possible) before hand.

Happy to accept and hang onto monies for you, until it's released!

twisted
EPTC
Unborn Gore wrote:
I wonder if he'll bring it to market before the $#!+ hits the fan between the US and Russia.

Funny, that was my exact worry with the Lyra 8 a couple years back.

So happy/relieved when that package arrived from Moscow.
Panason
electricanada wrote:
placebo92 wrote:

"Stored"? What is this madness!
electricanada
Panason wrote:
electricanada wrote:
placebo92 wrote:

Apparently there are four loopers, so patterns are "stored" at least temporarily. Whether they persist after the machine is turned off is another question. But a more interesting question is: Is there a quantizer?
placebo92
electricanada wrote:
Panason wrote:
electricanada wrote:
placebo92 wrote:

Apparently there are four loopers, so patterns are "stored" at least temporarily. Whether they persist after the machine is turned off is another question. But a more interesting question is: Is there a quantizer?

I doubt it.. That would kind of go against the spirit of these machine's imo.
electricanada
placebo92 wrote:

I doubt it.. That would kind of go against the spirit of these machine's imo.[/quote]

Good point. If the Lyra won't play in tune, why should the Pulsar play in time? (jk) But yeah, now that you've invoked the overall SOMA ethos, I kind of hope there won't be a quantizer too. The weirdness and messiness is the main attraction of these instruments.
anselmi
electricanada wrote:
placebo92 wrote:

I doubt it.. That would kind of go against the spirit of these machine's imo.

Good point. If the Lyra won't play in tune, why should the Pulsar play in time? (jk) But yeah, now that you've invoked the overall SOMA ethos, I kind of hope there won't be a quantizer too. The weirdness and messiness is the main attraction of these instruments.[/quote]

demos sounds straight to the grid
Panason
Sync or sink, mothafukka. At least a simple sync to an audio signal would be necessary at this price point.
Nelson Baboon
Panason wrote:
Sync or sink, mothafukka. At least a simple sync to an audio signal would be necessary at this price point.

"necessary"? As in users who like the instrument, will die a horrible death if it's not there?
RickKleffel
Nelson Baboon wrote:
Panason wrote:

"necessary"? As in users who like the instrument, will die a horrible death if it's not there?

Well, it does have MIDI, so I'm guessing it must have some form of sync. That said, asynchronous sequencing is *highly* underrated. In some future thread, I may discuss more. I prefer a garden of sometimes synchronized sequencers. The allure of the whole "Tight" (sync/envelope/whatever) ethos evades me. Not that it is never called for; it's best approached, by myself at least, with moderation. (Or impatience and laziness, your call!)
electricanada
It's clear that the Pulsar has an internal clock, plus Euro and midi integration, so playing in time in the conventional manner is covered.

The question remains: How tf do those loopers work?
Panason
Nelson Baboon wrote:
Panason wrote:

THERE ARE THINGS WORSE THAN DEATH twisted

If it does not sync, it will be the final straw and the west will go to war with Russia!!! It will be proof that Vlad (SOMA) is Putin's agent, sneakily attacking western Europe and America with his infernal machines!

(In other words, it would be good to be able to sync this so it can be sampled at a known tempo oops )
Nelson Baboon
Panason wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:
Panason wrote:

THERE ARE THINGS WORSE THAN DEATH twisted

If it does not sync, it will be the final straw and the west will go to war with Russia!!! It will be proof that Vlad (SOMA) is Putin's agent, sneakily attacking western Europe and America with his infernal machines!

(In other words, it would be good to be able to sync this so it can be sampled at a known tempo oops )

the paradoxical thing about desired common features is that you start adding them, and suddenly you have a very different machine which fits more easily into the synth mainstream, but doesn't have as much of its own identity. But then there are users like you who unleash this 'fake news' despite never having tried the instrument...

if this is such a life or death or worse than death issue for you, have you tried communicating with Soma? In my experience they are very quick to respond.
Panason
Dude, I am joking...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next [all]
Page 3 of 21