MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pulsar-23 by Soma
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24, 25, 26  Next [all]
Author Pulsar-23 by Soma
Bobby
odditymedium wrote:
well, that's too bad. all i wanna hear is a pro with the pulsar straight up, no muss no fuss. not vlad, not soma, not some trade convention, but an extended pulsar-only composition. nothing off screen, no hidden magic.

having said that, i'm looking forward to sequencing the pulsar with bitwig, of course.

I'm not sure Devine does anything with less than 10 random modules!! Lol
electricanada
odditymedium wrote:
if the sequencing is happening within the box, then this is a whole another beast - it is self contained! i don't need anything else.

i read up a bit about the loopers, but still a bit confused - how long do they loop? is it based on "bars"?

(no shade/subtext here - i'm a big fan of vlad, and know him personally, so i'm very much looking forward to the pulsar)

Vlad said the loopers can count up to four bars. How bars are defined I don't know.
gosh
Devine said via Twitter when asked "is that all coming from the machine?"..."yep" so one can assume that at least the sound is all coming from it. Who knows about external mods. Either way, I'm excited and I couldn't care less about the whole quantisation thing. Move on and by a friggin' TR8 if you want. SOMA LOVE.
heckadecimal69
Almost not worth speculating but since we are, I bet he's getting clock and possibly triggers externally while showing what this sounds like.
moloque
On each small video, every patch are different. On 1 video the eurorack pin adapter is empty. So all should be coming from the machine...
h4ndcrafted
If you need to quantise but keep the magic of human interaction, sample and chop is your friend no?

I think it sounds bloody lovely , best drum machine to be made since the 80s.
nodog
Did anyone get a mail yet that theirs is ready to ship?

I pre-ordered myself and didn't get a number. I think I'm just outside the first 100 and will miss out on the first batch. Not a big problem and I'm not that anxiuous about it but still, it's nice to know if everything is going according to plan.
Bobby
nodog wrote:
Did anyone get a mail yet that theirs is ready to ship?

I pre-ordered myself and didn't get a number. I think I'm just outside the first 100 and will miss out on the first batch. Not a big problem and I'm not that anxiuous about it but still, it's nice to know if everything is going according to plan.

Just the right side of 100 and no mail yet. Gonna explode soon.
chvad
108. No emails yet. I'm also waiting for an orange unit and I know they were working on the black ones first so that might also be a thing.
Bobby
i want orange too. if my number comes up and i cant have orange i dunno what i'll do.
nodog
Hah! Also orange here. It's more popular than i thought. I 'm getting an orange corner in my studio as I already have an orange Lyra and a Fusebox. nodnod
EPTC
I found out I'm #75 (glee!) - No email yet but I've heard anecdotally it's 100 batches in both locations (so the first 200 on the list)

I mentioned I'd selected orange as well and hadn't heard that would affect anything. Guessing/hoping the first batch will not be solely black.

The orange is just so delightfully bold looking.
LameAim
I'm deep in the middle of building my first 7U so I'm likely to skip this round, but still kinda want to be asked? Maybe I'll win the lottery beforehand?
h4ndcrafted
What kind of numbers are they up to ? I’m only just On the list.
NoLegs
Was notified mine was ready for invoicing this morning, late 20's. Invoice through PayPal was ~1900 including shipping, fees and everything.
Bobby
NoLegs wrote:
Was notified mine was ready for invoicing this morning, late 20's. Invoice through PayPal was ~1900 including shipping, fees and everything.

Yes! Exciting! Euros right?

Thank you.

Edit:.....also what colour did you get?
slam
I got in the list April 30 and am number 670.
NoLegs
Bobby wrote:
NoLegs wrote:

Thank you.

$1900 usd, this was through PayPal which has higher fees than Payoneer. (9% vs 3%). I probably should've done Payoneer in retrospect.

They asked if I wanted black, orange or white. I chose black.
Bobby
NoLegs wrote:
Bobby wrote:
NoLegs wrote:

Thank you.

$1900 usd, this was through PayPal which has higher fees than Payoneer. (9% vs 3%). I probably should've done Payoneer in retrospect.

Chuffed for you :)Please feedback how you like it!
gentle_attack
NoLegs wrote:
Bobby wrote:
NoLegs wrote:

Thank you.

Damn this thing looks and sounds awesome but that ain't cheap, I was thinking more in the $1000-1200 range

I suppose if you want a RYTM or TR-8S those are always there, but if you want a full on drummer with patching this is the only show in town.

Still interested of course but this is a little pricier than I thought they were shooting for
NoLegs
gentle_attack wrote:
NoLegs wrote:
Bobby wrote:
NoLegs wrote:

Thank you.

Damn this thing looks and sounds awesome but that ain't cheap, I was thinking more in the $1000-1200 range

I suppose if you want a RYTM or TR-8S those are always there, but if you want a full on drummer with patching this is the only show in town.

Still interested of course but this is a little pricier than I thought they were shooting for

Similar sticker shock to when I got my other Soma stuff. The extra fees for payment processing, insurance, shipping etc, really add up. The base price was 1500 euros/1650 usd. One thing that might be worth it for people who can wait, but don't want to pay all the extra fees would be to wait for them to be available at stores - people who bought say, a Lyra-8 from somewhere like Perfect Circuit or whatever paid much less than I did for my Lyra-8 after all the fees/shipping costs, even though the base price was the same. Using Payoneer would also probably knock off $100 at least.
behndy
oof. that is a chunk of change. wasn't factoring in fees and shipping. will defo look at the Payoneer option.

but looks sooooo worth it. jelly since i'm in the 300 range.

enjoy!
LameAim
Yep, looks like I'll be waiting until mid/late next year for this one.
RickKleffel
#74, just got my notice that it is ready to ship! This, like all SOMA gear looks like it wi be a blast to play. No way is it a standard drum machine, it's a playing instrument, not a memory bank for pre-recorded sequences. Fun!
bemushroomed
wonder how long it'll take to show up on Thomann and other sites, like his other stuff... 1.5 - 2 years?

Not gonna pre-order because i'm not desperate but eventually i do want to have it and at a slightly better price than currently.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24, 25, 26  Next [all]
Page 21 of 26