MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pulsar-23 by Soma
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24, 25, 26  Next [all]
Author Pulsar-23 by Soma
Nelson Baboon
Panason wrote:
Dude, I am joking...

"At least a simple sync to an audio signal would be necessary at this price point."

yes. This is hilarious.
placebo92
Can't you see what you're doing to us Soma? We need more demos and explanations waah
electricanada
I am still jonesing so hard for this machine. Any news on the final design or the timeline to market? Anything?
Panason
Quote:
The expected date of release is autumn\winter 2018\19

This machine also has the "focus on 4 drums" thing I have been talking about. Kick, bass tom, snare and hat. No maracas.
Panason
fuuuck. Schneidersladen are already listing this for even MORE money than SOMA had initially hinted at. Now we're looking at €1785.... They don't even have a photo of a production unit yet.

This is too much. I'm gonna call Uli. lol
electricanada
Panason wrote:
fuuuck. Schneidersladen are already listing this for even MORE money than SOMA had initially hinted at. Now we're looking at €1785.... They don't even have a photo of a production unit yet.

This is too much. I'm gonna call Uli. lol

I think the Pulsar could be a huge hit on the market, but not at that price. For that much money you could buy four DFAMs. Or two DFAMs and a rack full of Doepfer utilities.
chvad
if you wanted a DFAM maybe. I think SOMA will come through on this with a product completely worth the loot and with a ton better build quality than the DFAM.
EPTC
chvad wrote:
if you wanted a DFAM maybe. I think SOMA will come through on this with a product completely worth the loot and with a ton better build quality than the DFAM.

Yeah, DFAM isn't comparable here. It's not like drum machines are metric comparable units to other drum machines.

With the Pulsar's numerous CV outputs and connections (somewhere north of a hundred) people will probably clock their DFAM into bananas territory with Pulsar CV outs. It'll probably interface really nice with Moog gear (DFAM can reliably clock the Pulsar, for instance), but I can't imagine either replacing one another.
Panason
I emailed SOMA and they replied :

Quote:
The final price is unknown until we will get the mass production version with the price of its production. The indicated price is the absolute maximum. We will try to make it significantly lower

I think Schneidersladen are getting a bit ahead of themselves, listing this with a photo of the lab prototype.... desperate much?
hoppy303
Eagerly awaiting updates about this unit...
RickKleffel
New demo, Pulsar 23 controlled by MiDI...Watch now, spend later!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkILDLhMa50
Panason
Dead Banana
behndy
yeahhhhhhhh. SO much want.
cscairney
Sounds awesome!
nodog
This is so awesome. Want, want, want!!!!
neonmercury1
URRRGGGGHHHH SOOO GOOOD nanners
pix
Offer DIY PCB kits....pleeeeeeeaaaaassssseeeee we're not worthy
thisoldmike
This thing sounds incredible! I had to add my name to the preorder list. Might have to sell off some stuff to cover it, but that will depend on final price. Here's hoping it's not too bad.

This is fun!
Panason
My GAS has been cured by a letter from the tax people... but I'm sure I'll see if I can sell any unwanted organs - I mean synths.
Cortega
really looking forward...
Panason
Cortega had to make sure I get the message so he also PMd me:

Quote:

please please Panason dont buy this,
i dont want to hear your endless stupid yelling,
this thing will have no Song Mode and no fancy Display,
i am sure you are not able to make good Music with this Kind of Gear and then you will cry like a Baby again and again...

Now I am definitely buying it and posting a detailed review here...

Deal With It, Manchild!

PS why doesn't this overpriced machine have Song Mode and 1080p OLED display!!! WTF is wrong with SOMA?
smetak
Got to stop watching these demos......being slowly sucked into buying this thing (and thought that the Lyra 8 would be the last piece of gear I would buy in a long, long time.....oh well.....).
mg05
Panason wrote:

PS why doesn't this overpriced machine have Song Mode and 1080p OLED display!!! WTF is wrong with SOMA?

You can call it expensive. But I don't think it's overpriced. SOMA is right.

And is there anyone else who is manufacturing WTF cool instruments like this?
dubonaire
Panason wrote:
Cortega had to make sure I get the message so he also PMd me:

Quote:

please please Panason dont buy this,
i dont want to hear your endless stupid yelling,
this thing will have no Song Mode and no fancy Display,
i am sure you are not able to make good Music with this Kind of Gear and then you will cry like a Baby again and again...

Now I am definitely buying it and posting a detailed review here...

Deal With It, Manchild!

I’m with Cortega, your obsession with the things products don’t do is annoying, to be polite. It’s one thing to dis fanboys but it’s another thing to presume the role of a small time Ralph Nader. I doubt from your posts that you could afford to buy all the hardware you criticize so why do you even bother? No one cares about your opinion anywhere near as much as you do.
drowld
dubonaire wrote:

I’m with Cortega, your obsession with the things products don’t do is annoying, to be polite. It’s one thing to dis fanboys but it’s another thing to presume the role of a small time Ralph Nader. I doubt from your posts that you could afford to buy all the hardware you criticize so why do you even bother? No one cares about your opinion anywhere near as much as you do.

Yeh no offense panason but it's true. It's a bit painful at times to hear your rants. I think we say that because we think you can do better. And that mostly no ones gives a fuck about what you or me think of a product that we can't afford and will not use because we don't really have an interest for it
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24, 25, 26  Next [all]
Page 4 of 26