MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Q106A with silver panel (new from Dot Com!)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Q106A with silver panel (new from Dot Com!)
Rex Coil 7
All metal panel Q106A from Synthesizers.com.

Kinda looks like some of my stuff.

Link = https://www.synthesizers.com/special_c.html

thumbs up
Rex Coil 7
Comes with a t-shirt too!

bwhittington
And a $13 discount off the stock version, too. lol Looks fun!
kindredlost
Yes. Now I can finally have that Frankensynth look I’ve been searching for.
zombie

I actually have a quote in for one. Thanks for the heads-up Rex Coil 7 thumbs up
Rex Coil 7
kindredlost wrote:
Yes. Now I can finally have that Frankensynth look I’ve been searching for.
zombie

I actually have a quote in for one. Thanks for the heads-up Rex Coil 7 thumbs up
Jyoo goddit mang!

(I've unsubscribed - I'm not upset or having a Midol moment - just trying to keep my number of subscribed threads under better control - if you wish to correspond please feel free to send me a PM, I'll be happy to hear from you - thanks!)
gregae
The silver look reminds me of the old PAIA 2700 series modules from the 1970's. No thanks...
Rex Coil 7
gregae wrote:
The silver look reminds me of the old PAIA 2700 series modules from the 1970's. No thanks...
Seems like it has plenty of potential. The silver panel can be part of some nice personalizing that sets it off from the black panel with white lettering look. Everyone has their own idea of ~good~.

To each his druthers, I suppose. seriously, i just don't get it

Huba-Swift
That panel looks awesome! I've seen photos of purple powder coated synth.com modules in the past too. There's some unique Synth.com stuff out there. I'm diggin' this. Some different knobs could look really nice as the aluminum inserts on top of the aluminum panel is a bit too... Aluminumy. I'm thinking that some of those Eagle style knobs would look nice. The ones Rex Coil 7 had on some of his stock synth.com modules (not the ones in the photo above).
Rex Coil 7
Huba-Swift wrote:
That panel looks awesome! .... There's some unique Synth.com stuff out there. I'm diggin' this. Some different knobs could look really nice as the aluminum inserts on top of the aluminum panel is a bit too... Aluminumy .... I'm thinking that some of those Eagle style knobs would look nice. The ones Rex Coil 7 had on some of his stock synth.com modules.

hsosdrum
Much of what originally drew me to Moog modulars when I first played with one 47 years ago was the look. As soon as you change the knob or panel color you remove one of the real gut-level attachments that I have for the instrument, so I'll be sticking with the original Moog "black-on-black" look for my machine. As Rex said above, "To each his own".

(Although I must say, Rex, I think if you replaced all of the knobs on the black modules with the blue knobs in the top photo they would look pretty bitchin' love .)
bwhittington
Huba-Swift wrote:
Some different knobs could look really nice as the aluminum inserts on top of the aluminum panel is a bit too... Aluminumy.

Some EMS-style inserts would be cool!

kindredlost
bwhittington wrote:
Huba-Swift wrote:
Some different knobs could look really nice as the aluminum inserts on top of the aluminum panel is a bit too... Aluminumy.

Some EMS-style inserts would be cool!

Thinking a similar thing except thinking of the colored caps on an ARP 2500.
Rex Coil 7
hsosdrum wrote:
....(Although I must say, Rex, I think if you replaced all of the knobs on the black modules with the blue knobs in the top photo they would look pretty bitchin' love .)
Yea, them blue ~MXR~ style knobs look pretty boss. Uh, wait ... 60's west coast jargon sounding too much like brand name .... how 'bout Far Out!! Yea ... far out! ... a synthload of those blue MXR knobs would look pretty far out! Like the Kenny Wayne Shepherd song ... Blue On Black.
nodnod Dancing Star

Bad ass guitar tone right there, son. But this song could sure use some Hammond.

bwhittington
kindredlost wrote:
Thinking a similar thing except thinking of the colored caps on an ARP 2500.

love Can't wait to see what you come up with.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1