MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The SSM2044 filter is now avialabe in MU format
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author The SSM2044 filter is now avialabe in MU format
Thalassa
Hello guys

A new module has bee added to the Corsynth family , the C110 2044 VCF. It's based on the SSM2044 filter, this filter is responsible for the sound of classic synths like the Korg Trident , Mono/Poly, Polysix , PPG Wave 2.2 and many more.

You can find more info here :

http://corsynth.com/home/modules/c110

Audio demos ( it's a playlist not just one track )

[s]http://soundcloud.com/corsynth/sets/c110demos[/s]

ualslosar
Sounds really good...Looks like keeper.

Not sure if it would be cheaper to buy direct from Corsynth to the USA, or wait for availability from Noisebug. But I'll get one either way.
Thalassa
ualslosar wrote:
Sounds really good...Looks like keeper.

Not sure if it would be cheaper to buy direct from Corsynth to the USA, or wait for availability from Noisebug. But I'll get one either way.

Thank you. Noisebug will receive them between tomorrow and next Monday smile
EPTC
Terrific Soundcloud playlist. Really shows all the possibilities with that thing. Should be its own album!
Thalassa
EPTC wrote:
Terrific Soundcloud playlist. Really shows all the possibilities with that thing. Should be its own album!

Thank you hyper hyper I tried my best to show the filter possibilities in a musical context. Great that you like it.
gregae
Sweet sounding filter! love Will be adding that module to my rig very soon!
Thalassa
gregae wrote:
Sweet sounding filter! love

Yes the ssm2044 is a great filter smile
Rex Coil 7
Well done, indeed! cool
Rex Coil 7
I'll also add that while listening to the audio demo you've provided I could clearly hear the Mono/Poly that I'd owned from 1986 to 2003. I can tell if a few of the most well suited VCOs were piled up in front of that filter, even more authentic Mono/Poly foundation tones could be created. Whatever "the most well suited VCOs" are is beyond me. But my statement stands.

Very well done! applause
Thalassa
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
I'll also add that while listening to the audio demo you've provided I could clearly hear the Mono/Poly that I'd owned from 1986 to 2003. I can tell if a few of the most well suited VCOs were piled up in front of that filter, even more authentic Mono/Poly foundation tones could be created. Whatever "the most well suited VCOs" are is beyond me. But my statement stands.

Very well done! applause

Thanks smile . The C104 Oddysey of Sound that I used are really well suited VCOs hihi . The demos are made using only 2 VCOs to emulate more accurately the Korg Monopoly I should have used 4 VCOs smile
XXXEsq
Ordered! applause
Rex Coil 7
Thalassa wrote:
Thanks smile . The C104 Oddysey of Sound that I used are really well suited VCOs hihi . The demos are made using only 2 VCOs to emulate more accurately the Korg Monopoly I should have used 4 VCOs smile
I looked up the C104 ... that's a very nice VCO ... plenty loaded with extra stuffs (ring mod, soft clipping, hard sync). Good VCO. Unfortunately I am loaded to the chin with VCOs right now. Otherwise, I'd be thinking seriously about adding 4 of them.
dslocum
Great demos and sounds!
Thalassa
XXXEsq wrote:
Ordered! applause

Thanks , It's already on its way smile

dslocum wrote:
Great demos and sounds!

Thank you Doug smile
PaulaM
Sounds amazing!
I hope to get one as soon as I have saved a few more pennies.
Thalassa
PaulaM wrote:
Sounds amazing!

Thank you Paula smile
josaka
thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
gregae
Loving this module - Corsynth has designed a classic!

A close up of the SSM2144 IC. Here's where the magic happens:

Thank you, Thalassa!
Thalassa
Thank you for the feedback gregae , you make my day smile And really nice pictures btw
smbenn
Sounds great! How does it differ from a Moog ladder in terms of sound?
Thalassa
smbenn wrote:
Sounds great! How does it differ from a Moog ladder in terms of sound?

They sound different, the Moog filter is more raw and aggressive while the ssm2044 I think it sounds more sweet. They are both great sounding filters smile

You can hear the difference between the filters in these demos

Shy
Your post is misleading and doesn't mention the fact that this filter is NOT based on the SSM2044 ("It's based on the SSM2044 filter"), it's based on the SSI2144. That's why when I listened to the demo I immediately thought there's no way that's an SSM2044, it should sound much better, you know, like how the best-sounding resonant 4-pole filter ever made sounds. I've listened to both, by now, and the SSI2144 unfortunately does not succeed in capturing the SSM2044's sound. It's very anemic in comparison. Yes, I'm totally aware of the marketing language and claims, but this is something that can easily be demonstrated.

The Curetronic 2044 VCF is still the only SSM2044-based MU-compatible filter available.
It also costs way too much, like this module, but at least it gives you the real SSM2044 sound.
josaka
Shy wrote:
Your post is misleading and doesn't mention the fact that this filter is NOT based on the SSM2044 ("It's based on the SSM2044 filter"), it's based on the SSI2144. That's why when I listened to the demo I immediately thought there's no way that's an SSM2044, it should sound much better, you know, like how the best-sounding resonant 4-pole filter ever made sounds. I've listened to both, by now, and the SSI2144 unfortunately does not succeed is capturing the SSM2044's sound. It's very anemic in comparison. Yes, I'm totally aware of the marketing language and claims, but this is something that can easily be demonstrated.
The Curetronic 2044 VCF is still the only SSM2044-based MU-compatible filter available.
It also costs way too much, like this module, but at least it gives you the real SSM2044 sound.

there are side by side tests in a different thread.. there is very little in it.. 'anemic' is very unfair and innacurate.. especially with zero evidence put forward.
MrNezumi
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=197342&start=25
josaka
MrNezumi wrote:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=197342&start=25

just beat me to it smile thumbs up thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4