MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

rk2 xs not working as expected.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author rk2 xs not working as expected.
littlewane
Just got the rk2 xs and having some trouble with it. I can't actually hear anything out of it until I turn the input and feedback nearly all the way up. I waited for the tube to warm up still got the same problem. I'm using the power supply that comes with the rackbute 6U which is supposed to supply 1600 mA at the +12 volts, 1600 mA at the -12 volts, and 900 mA at +5 volts so it should be able to supply adequate power right?
snakejaw
Try turning up the CV Offset.
littlewane
snakejaw wrote:
Try turning up the CV Offset.

Turning it up does help but it still seems much quieter than it should be.
snakejaw
Hmmm... Have you tried fiddling with the feedback knob? Also, the RK2 needs 500 mA at start up. Are you sure the your PSU/system as set up can handle that? If not, you might temporarily disconnect other modules and then test the RK2 again.
littlewane
snakejaw wrote:
Hmmm... Have you tried fiddling with the feedback knob? Also, the RK2 needs 500 mA at start up. Are you sure the your PSU/system as set up can handle that? If not, you might temporarily disconnect other modules and then test the RK2 again.

I just tested it with no other modules with a signal from my 0-coast and it's still acting strange. No audio comes through unless I turn both the cv offset and input all the way up and even then it still seems quiet/not outputting anything except a lot of static noise sometimes. The feedback seems to be the only thing actually working right as it does seem to distort the signal somewhat but it's not making it louder or distorting it much. The dry signal from my 0-coast is louder than running it though the rk2 with everything max. I also let it warm up for 10 minutes before testing it this time.
metasonix
okay, lets go thru the usual things:

1--you are not running it directly into a 600-ohm mixer input, right?

2--power supplies can always be an issue and I take it yours is putting out good voltage. I would recommend checking it with a voltmeter of some kind--anything that can measure 12 volts dc.

3--tube is seated in socket properly?

If all that looks okay, email me directly.
littlewane
metasonix wrote:
you are not running it directly into a 600-ohm mixer input, right?.

Right now I don't have a mixer so I'm running the signal into my computers mic input since my audio interface is wonky. Could that cause issues?
metasonix
Direct into a mic input?? Yes, it can cause an issue.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1