MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Portabellabz Easel Hub
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Portabellabz Easel Hub
vgermuse
Hello fellow travelers!

I am beginning to go down the wonderful rabbit hole provided by the Portabellabz Buchla Music Easel Hub which allows there cards to be powered and "in play" simultaneously. New worlds to explore.

More tech specs here:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=198940&highlight=

papz
Thanks Todd !
Very nice melody and timbres. applause
wsequeira
Woohoo Todd nice video. Waiting for my easel to come back from the shop to head in the same direction. hyper
gruvsyco
really nice Todd. To my ears, there's like a cello vibe going on there. Rockin' Banana!
indexofmetals
fantastic Todd, would love to hear more.
island
Very nice todd, although I don't understand what every extension does meh
vgermuse
Thank you all for such kind words and for taking the time to listen.

island wrote:
Very nice todd, although I don't understand what every extension does meh

A similar question was asked in the comments on the YouTube,
here’s my reply, hope it helps.

With the cOC there are a lot of internal routings that don’t require patch cables :-)
island
Thanks Todd for this clarifcation, now I understand it better. thumbs up
weinglas
Wonderful Todd we're not worthy

Thanks for sharing video and patch details applause
papz
Every Easel needs a 208 Hub w00t
island
papz wrote:
Every Easel needs a 208 Hub w00t

Or an 416 Meta Expander Mr. Green
papz
You can plug the 416 into the Hub together with some cards hihi
lumin
I was wondering about the power draw with this hub and the 416 and/or the cOC. Im assuming it would be an either or instead of both at the same time. Would the power draw be too much to connect them both?
papz
I don't know the power consumption of the 416 and cOC, you could ask the builders.

We tested the cOC together with 3 other cards (so 4 cards in total, using the ToolBox's rear edge connector) with an unpowered Hub on a friend's BEMI Easel and all worked fine. The total power draw of the 3 other cards was 80mA on +15V and 70mA on -15V.
ArguZ
130mAh for the cardOC
papz
Anyway, the Hub can have its own PSU able of 500mA on each +/- 15V rail, which should be enough for most configurations. If this feature is used, no extra load is added to the Easel's or 208's +/-15V rails.
vgermuse
Continued explorations with the Portabellabz Easel Hub. This is a bit more intense than my last one. It is amazing how many layers are available with 3 cards in play. Enjoy the amazingly different evolving timbres half way through.

Thanks @papz for such a cool tool! w00t

gruvsyco
Absolutely fantastic Todd.
island
applause nanners nanners
papz
Yes ! SlayerBadger!
vgermuse
Continuing my explorations of the Portabellabz Buchla Music Easel Hub. This time with a very simple patch from scratch to try and demystify what I've been doing :-) Enjoy!

island
applause
papz
Thank you Todd !

Sometimes I wonder how many Todds there are, to be able to do all these great videos of various devices. lol

Chugging Beers
vgermuse
papz wrote:
Thank you Todd !

Sometimes I wonder how many Todds there are, to be able to do all these great videos of various devices. lol

Chugging Beers

Hi Papz! Thanks. The answer to how many Todds is found in the question, or is it a koan: How many Todds does it take to change a lightbulb?! w00t

Here is installment IV -- loving exploring the Hub!

thermisonic
The demo video has a gorgeous tone and super musical - really like it

Rob
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2