MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ES-8: Device is not recongized
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES-8: Device is not recongized
artieTwelve
My ES-8 is no longer being recognized as a USB device. It had been working fine when I was using it to interface with Bitwig. It has been sitting in my rack for the past few months while I was off doing other things. I fired the rack up last weekend and now have no connectivity.

The PPL Lock indicator light comes on the moment power is applied, but the USB indicator light does not. I've tried multiple ribbon cables, usb cables and three computers, two running Windows 10 and one running the latest Mac OS.

It was purchased new last July, so I think the firmware is up to date.

Is there any other kind of trouble shooting I can do at this point? Anything I could check with a multi-meter?

Thanks.
os
Sounds like a hardware fail. Email me with the serial number (on the rear of the panel) and the purchase details.
amorgan
os wrote:
Sounds like a hardware fail. Email me with the serial number (on the rear of the panel) and the purchase details.

Wow this sounds exactly like my issue but only after 3 weeks of being in my rack. The ES-8 worked perfectly for about 2 weeks and 1 week has been spent pulling my hair out trying to make it work.

This is particularly frustrating due to my current commitment to sound design 150 core content sounds for a major DAW developer. On the flip side when it did work I had it running perfectly with reaktor blocks so much so that I ended up purchasing an ES-3 and ES-6 to max out the io.
amorgan
os wrote:

Wow this sounds exactly like my issue but only after 3 weeks of bein in my rack. The ES-8 worked perfectly for about 2 weeks and 1 week has been spent pulling my hair out trying to make it work.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1