MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FH-2 Firmware Feature-Requests
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author FH-2 Firmware Feature-Requests
toneburst
Just getting the ball rolling with FH-2 feature-requests.

1. Sequencer a la FH-1 (but with 16 steps, as opposed to 8).
I have some ideas for different implementations of the sequencer that might be cool, too.

2. Support for Novation LaunchPad for drum-sequencing as in the FH-1.
Support for RGB pads of the LaunchPad 2 would also be cool

3. Support for LaunchControl XL as programer for sequencer, as in FH-1
antisvin
1. I would like to see support for remapping MIDI notes to arbitrary scale via Scala files.

2. With FH-2, MIDI breakout and a FH-1 as expander it could be possible to have up to 4 channels of CV input convertable to MIDI as drum triggers. Is it possible with current firmware or something that would be added eventually?

3. If there would be drum trigger support as described above, I would like it to be able to convert incoming gate level to velocity as well.
os
Thanks for the suggestions, both.

Triggers from CV inputs are in there yet, but are certainly the sort of thing I want to add.
toneburst
antisvin wrote:
2. With FH-2, MIDI breakout and a FH-1 as expander it could be possible to have up to 4 channels of CV input convertable to MIDI as drum triggers.

The two inputs of the FH-1 are gate/trigger inputs, I think, and only detect on/off states, so couldn't be used for trigger -> MIDI with velocity.

FH-2 inputs could work this way, but variable-level gates/triggers aren't common in Eurorack, and might be difficult to generate.

a|x
os
A regular trigger and a VCA would do it!
antisvin
toneburst wrote:

FH-2 inputs could work this way, but variable-level gates/triggers aren't common in Eurorack, and might be difficult to generate.

It's difficult only if you don't have a spare VCA in your rack. The idea is to use a slow EG (typically a tempo synced LFO or envelope) that would change trigger amplitude. To make things more interesting, it could be running polymetrically related to the trigger pattern.

It's unfortunate that FH1 won't be able to return signal level. I wonder if having an input expander is a possibility with current hardware.
os
If you want lots of CV->MIDI, the General CV will be getting that shortly.
toneburst
os wrote:
If you want lots of CV->MIDI, the General CV will be getting that shortly.

Oh, really? How so- as an expander?

Intrigued...

a|x
os
The General CV is basically a CV/MIDI converter attached to a General MIDI synth. I'm going to expose the CV/MIDI bit so it can be used more generally (via a MIDI breakout).
toneburst
Ah, that makes sense. Looking forward to that, as I have a General CV.

a|x
docsample
not sure if controlling the smoothing amount by CC is possible or already implemented (the manual is not clear on this point). can clarify please? if not implemented this way, i will request this as a feature! thanks.
os
That's how it's implemented right now.
docsample
sweet! can't wait for it to show up then. this will be an awesome performance advantage on my digitakt!
toneburst
Forgive me if this is already possible, but if it ism I can't work out how.

I'd like to be able to set default values for MIDI CC-controlled parameters.

For example, I want to setup a MIDI-CV conversion with portamento, but I'd like to set a default value for portamento time, without necessarily even having to set a CC for it.

The same could also apply to other parameters that are settable with CCs.

If it's not currently possible to do this, I'd like to make a request that it is.

Incidentally, are there latest states of CC-settable parameters saved between boots?

a|x
os
The preset is where the values are stored. So you can set the values manually in the preset, and then save it.
toneburst
Thanks @os. Will look into that.

a|x
nutate
euclidean question / request. I have the disting mk4 and I love it, but I have one question about the euclidean sequencer in the FH-2 (which I plan on getting)...

Is it possible to get the 'off' pulses as well as the on? For example "x o o x o o x o" is useful to have the x's as open hihats and o's as closed hats. I think Euclidean Circles can do it, but afaict I can't get it happening with Pamela's New Workout.

There are ways of having eight pulses and getting 'just' the accents, but I'd love to have them separate, for further manipulation. The original euclidean rhythm paper mentions this right off the bat as central to some of rhythms that the euclidean algorithm describes.

Is that possible? essentially two gate or trig outputs per, or with less outputs, have gates of a configurable voltage for on and off. That could be useful for CV sample switching, and could then be used with a straight on the clock trig to morph the sound with the rhythm.

Thanks a million, I'll be preordering the FH-2 asap.
nutate
After a day of thought, I've realized (what may be obvious) that the euclidean patterns say (7,16) and (9,16) are the inverse of one another if you shift one or the other by one. Generally it looks like the larger number of pulses needs to be shifted left by one, or the smaller number can be shifter right by one.

That means something like PNW, Disting, FH-2 can do the 'off' pulses, you just need to set up the properly shifted inverse pattern. So above, 16 - 7 = 9, then shift (or rotate depending on the nomenclature).
os
Sounds right. But it would be easy to get the FH-2 to output the offs as well as the ons. I'll put it on the wish list!
nutate
Thanks, my factotum arrived (from glasgow!) this past week, but I've been too busy to set it up. Very excited though! Thanks for taking that as a wishlist item!
toneburst
How about gate patterns for the arpeggiator?

This could be done as a number of preset patterns, and/or a function could be added for turning on/off gates for each step, and for setting different gate lengths, either to a selection of preset values, or with finer control.

The Mutable Instruments Shruthi-1 DIY MIDI synth has preset gate patterns for the arpeggiator, which works very well.

Shruthi's 16-step preset patterns are these ('o' = gate on / '-' = gate off):

01: o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
02: ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-
03: o-o-ooooo-o-oooo
04: o-o-oo-oo-o-oo-o
05: oooo-oo-oooo-oo-
06: o--o----o--o----
07: o--o--o-o--o--o-
08: o--o--o--o--o-o-
09: o-o--o--o--o--o-
10: oo-oo-oooo-oo-oo
11: ooooo-oo-oo-ooo-
12: o---o---o--o-o-o
13: o--oo---o-o-o-oo
14: o-----oooooo-oo-
15: o-------o---o-oo

The Arpeggiator is documented in the manual here:
https://mutable-instruments.net/archive/shruthi/manual/

Here's a little jam with 2 Shruthi-1s, tweaking the arp settings (including patterns).
https://soundcloud.com/toneburst/shruthi-1-arpeggiators

Shruthi-1 firmware is open-source, and can be found here:
https://github.com/pichenettes/shruthi-1

a|x
toneburst
And another one (on a roll, today)...

Boolean operators for gates and triggers, so, for example, one output can combine triggers/gates from several Euclidean Patterns (boolean OR).

a|x
os
That's how it works right now.
toneburst
You mean if I assign multiple gates/triggers to the same output, they're combined?

That's cool, but other boolean operators would be even more cool.

a|x
eltnet
FH-2 config tool: when I upload from FH-2, LFO Tempo Based Multipliers are not sent

I'm making an M4L interface:
What is the ratio between midi speed and hz?
0 -> 0.1, 127 -> 10Hz but what is the distribution in between? CCv64=?, CCv33=?

For Base & Multiplier, Midi CC value 0 are ignored. It could be nice to have this value accepted via midi (ie to freeze the lfo).

Cheers.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3