MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Interested in a reprint of Allen Strange's Electronic Music?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]

Allen Strange's Electronic Music... do you want a copy?
Print copy for under $100 USD plus shipping
19%
 19%  [ 52 ]
Print copy for under $50 USD plus shipping
63%
 63%  [ 167 ]
E-copy at a reasonable price
17%
 17%  [ 45 ]
Total Votes : 264

Author Interested in a reprint of Allen Strange's Electronic Music?
j450nn014n
I've been talking with McGraw Hill Eduction who owns the copyright for Allen Strange's Electronic Music. I'm putting together a proposal to get permission to reprint the second edition in paper and/or PDF formats. I already have a book series with a publisher (Sense/Brill) who may be able to take care of production, and I'd like to gage interest in the MW community.

I may do a kickstarter or similar process, but it may not be necessary. And I'm looking at doing a facsimile edition for under $50 USD plus shipping. If you're interested, please respond to the poll.

Thanks.
Reality Checkpoint
Even though I have a copy already I would be very happy to see this re-published, as it should be required reading. And yes, I would buy a copy too!

And thank you for taking the time to pursue this. we're not worthy
Zube
I have a PDF of it, would totally buy a legit physical copy. This is a great idea, good luck and thank you!
BenA718
I chose e-copy because I usually have my iPad to hand when working on the modular.
luketeaford
I'd pay up to $100 for a legit print copy-- would also buy a legit copy in any other version and ebook works for me, too.
hamildad
you're doing the Lords work here.....

wish you every success.

I've long hoped that the estate of Allan Strange can benefit from his hard work and we can get legit access to a defining work on synthesis..
Keltie
Yes please. Print under $50, cos I’m a cheapskate, and.....moar modjewels! hihi
Rigo
Would like a physical copy as well; low price would be nice but good quality is nicer.
huffnPuff
I’m willing to pay a bit more for a nice copy, reasonable facsimile is also OK.
Thanks for doing this!
tnktni
Thank you for your effort! I think under $50 for a print copy makes sense to me.
Dilibob
In the past the try doing this with pdf I don’t think worked out very well, I’d prefer some type of amazon thing were there was an option hardcover, soft, kindle. With modular I am often on the floor or weird angles, so I like having a few soft copies of my sacred texts often buried where I keep my extra cables..
nbirnel
Oh yes!

I am willing to pay closer to $100 if we can get it OCR'ed and re-typeset, rather than a facsimile.
umma gumma
Hell yeah, and I'll take a pair of those Birkenstocks too!
keyofsalvador
I’d be in for the $50 print copy or the electronic version. Thank you for investing your time and effort into this!!

we're not worthy
srogers
I’d definitely be down for this!
DigitalNativeDunce
nbirnel wrote:
Oh yes!

I am willing to pay closer to $100 if we can get it OCR'ed and re-typeset, rather than a facsimile.
Agree with this!
raylinds
Yes!!!! For under $50 please
whyfarer
Under 50 would be great, though I would probably pay more...
Kent
Spiral bound would be nifty
cptnal
Just checked the exchange rate. Changing my response from $50 to $100. w00t
MindMachine
The McGraw Hill Education version is barely readable due to degradation from multiple generations of copy. If anything is produced it should be legible.

Worth every penny of $100.00 (shipped of course!).
wackelpeter
i myself, still not sure if i would buy a copy, would favour a physical copy… if under 50$ perfect, but there is still some span between 50 and 100... which means if it didn't get away with 50 it could be 60 or 70 which seems still a reasonable price...
lud
Is it a really big book? Not sure why it would warrant a pricetag of over $50
porphyrion
Great book.

Printing it is nothing special however. Don't understand why this black&white book would be over $35... Good paper/spiral-bound costs extra, that's for sure. I'm pretty sure there would even be volunteers that would re-type this so it looks totally fresh & sharp while keeping the classic lay-out 100% intact.
Flareless
I'd be interested in Print and e-Copys for $50 - $100
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3