MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

WTF Oscillator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author WTF Oscillator
PaulaM
I'm pleased to announce the launch of my Kickstarter for the WTF Oscillator module, available in both Euro-rack and MU (dotcom + MOTM power compatible).
WTF is a brand new way of morphing between waveforms, for a full explanation and demo videos please head over to our kickstarter page -

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paulamaddox/wtf-oscillator-for-eu ro-or-mu-format-modular-synth

We've reached 24% in just under 4 hours, but we still need your help to get to 100%
josaka
great to see someone offer a module with a modern approach in 5u .. not sure how the fuddy duddies will take but I think its great. ..will it be 2u..? thumbs up

(shared on my facebook smile )
Faustgeist
Super cool you are offering it in MU.
megaohm
"I have successfully delivered projects before, including the Modulus Monowave, Vacoloco GorF sequencer, Vacoloco Zira Synth and of course the Modal 001 and 002. So I believe I've covered all the risks as far as I am able."

Paul Maddox?
we're not worthy
I remember printing out the Modulus newsletter when I first got into building synths.
Best of luck and success with the module. Looks interesting and fun.
Very welcome addition to the MU format!
JohnLRice
Coolness! Welcome Paula! w00t thumbs up
lisa
Shared it with some people too. Cool concept. A tad big at 20hp and not inexpensive but still interesting.
DrReverendSeance
Very cool! Great to see the MU and MOTM power options!
josaka
A glimpse of the 5u..



a raw Demo of the euro version..
(getting into shapeshifter territory !)



a shot of the front panel..

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36926411_482932755479658 _9069236887645847552_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ce58e4e9be3b1772ced1d1ecc97ba3 48&oe=5BDF54DA
cornutt
I'm in for a MU unit. Thanks for considering us large-format users.
Serpentine
Very nice !
Dave Peck
Very cool osc idea. I've had some experience patching up some similar stuff using multiple separate modules and you can get a huge amount of sonic mayhem from these types of windowed/spliced waveform concepts.

This module does seem pricey, but when you consider that the 'roll your own' version using separate modules requires two separate, phase locked wavetable oscs fed into an audio crossfader module controlled by yet a THIRD phase locked variable-width pulse wave oscillator, it's a pretty reasonable way to achieve these results. Bravo!
Huba-Swift
That looks great! I'd say job well done with the panel visuals. Right on point thumbs up . I'm looking forward to seeing how people like this module.
PaulaM
Thank you to everyone for your kind words.

We're up to 62% in 48 hours smile

If you check out the updates you'll find pictures of the prototype MU panels waiting on bending (Update 2), these are double width modules (way too many knobs for a single width).

For the Euro-rack 20HP was the smallest I could get it without having the nine knobs, display and three switches all getting in the way of each other (I did try, honestly).
Notron fn
I see on Facebook that some new functionality has been added (wavetables), of course I learn this right after buying a clapped out microwave 1a as a project.

https://twitter.com/doveaudio/status/1019711664642510848?s=21

josaka
looks like its going to happen.. less than $1000 to go with 20 days left..
I better start saving !! the more I hear it the more I can see the possibilities.
seems like a no brainer for electro/techno types in 5u.. a little pricey..but.
I do love me a quirky/funky oscillator!!
DrReverendSeance
Since there is a MOTM power header - is it possible to get the module made with a MOTM panel? Perhaps if the buyer provided the panel?
PaulaM
Thanks for your kind words, here's the first one of MU version of the panel -



I'll be checking alignment and such, but it looks fabulous!

DrReverendSeance wrote:
Since there is a MOTM power header - is it possible to get the module made with a MOTM panel? Perhaps if the buyer provided the panel?


If you want to provide the panel, I'm happy to fit it for you before shipping.

Paula
daveholiday
The more I research this the more I want one!! BPM synced modulations of all the parameters could make amazing sequences! I think this would be an excellent additional oscillator to both my modular and my Pro 2!!

Now to go couch diving for change!!
PaulaM
daveholiday wrote:
The more I research this the more I want one!! BPM synced modulations of all the parameters could make amazing sequences! I think this would be an excellent additional oscillator to both my modular and my Pro 2!!


Thank you, we reached our funding goal this morning nanners

So this is definitely going to happen now, which is really exciting!

Thank you to everyone who's pledged, shared and supported this campaign.

Paula
DrReverendSeance
Congratulations Paula! This is looking to be an exciting project.

PaulaM wrote:
DrReverendSeance wrote:
Since there is a MOTM power header - is it possible to get the module made with a MOTM panel? Perhaps if the buyer provided the panel?


If you want to provide the panel, I'm happy to fit it for you before shipping.

Paula


I am not able to purchase a 5U module at present, but when I am hope that this could still be possible.
daveholiday
I just got to play with one of these at Knobcon 2018. There was one version of it in euro and I spent about 40 minutes with it Sunday morning. I was sold after about 5 minutes. The one thing that I did observe about this module is that it is begging to be modulated! The whole time I was playing with it I was thinking "I wish I had my PRO 2 here so I could feed it synced LFOs"

In a nutshell this is a simple easy to understand module, that will be a tremendously creative oscillator! (at least for me)

Excellent job Paula! I am sorry that I missed the kickstarter campaign, but I am glad to know that my gut feeling was right about this module from just seeing the demos! Please update this thread when the MU versions hit distributors!
josaka
Quite curious to hear What AM would sound like fed into different CV inputs.. or all at the same time !!
PaulaM
daveholiday wrote:
I just got to play with one of these at Knobcon 2018. There was one version of it in euro and I spent about 40 minutes with it Sunday morning. I was sold after about 5 minutes. The one thing that I did observe about this module is that it is begging to be modulated! The whole time I was playing with it I was thinking "I wish I had my PRO 2 here so I could feed it synced LFOs"

In a nutshell this is a simple easy to understand module, that will be a tremendously creative oscillator! (at least for me)

Excellent job Paula! I am sorry that I missed the kickstarter campaign, but I am glad to know that my gut feeling was right about this module from just seeing the demos! Please update this thread when the MU versions hit distributors!


Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed it smile
We should be shipping modules to the USA in October, this will be for both Euro and MU format modules.

Paula
PaulaM
josaka wrote:
Quite curious to hear What AM would sound like fed into different CV inputs.. or all at the same time !!


How do you mean AM?

Do you mean a high speed LFO driving the width and/or wave inputs?

Paula
Grumble
So... actually this is a generator, not an oscillator Mr. Green
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group