MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Stereo pedals to Modular...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Stereo pedals to Modular...
MG374
Guys,

I have 2 stereo pedals, a Boss PS-3 (pitch-shifter/delay) and RV-5 (reverb). They're both stereo.

I'd like to use them as AUX FX on my Tour rig, a small 42HP with VCO, mixer, VCA, output see image).

I've been searching for a mod that can be used with stereo pedals on modular grid but couldn't find any. Mono yes, I found a couple, but not stereo in stereo out.

Any help much appreciated.

Sinamsis
You’d need a bigger case but I really like my Dubmix for this. Stereo returns. With the expander you can have 3 sends. And CV control of everything. It’s just so flexible.
MG374
Sinamsis wrote:
You’d need a bigger case but I really like my Dubmix for this. Stereo returns. With the expander you can have 3 sends. And CV control of everything. It’s just so flexible.

Thanks, Dubmix is fantastic but way too big. If I had the space I would use FX mods tho.
The pedals are pretty good tho.
nostalghia
ADDAC ADDAC200PI Dual Pedal Integrator:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/addac-system-addac200pi

Two send and two return channels, choice of 3.5mm or 1/4" jacks for each channel. 4hp, around $134 USD

Can buy direct from ADDAC if you can't find one at a dealer:
http://www.addacsystem.com/product/addac200-series/addac200pi
JohnLRice
Strymon AA.1?
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/strymon-aa-1
nostalghia
JohnLRice wrote:
Strymon AA.1?
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/strymon-aa-1

Nice! Hadn't noticed that one. Same size, bit lower price vs. the ADDAC, plus more readily available at dealers-looks like Perfect Circuit has it for example.

You'd need to pick up a dual TS (mono) to TRS (stereo) 1/4" "Y cable" to go back from the stereo pedal outputs to the single stereo 1/4 jack on the aa1, but understandable design choice to fit everything on the panel of the module-they are spaced more tightly together on the ADDAC.

Might get one myself soon. I have the ALM SBG (mono pedal interface) which works well and has send/return level pots plus dry/wet mix and CV to expression pedal conversion, but I do have TC Electronic delay and reverb pedals with stereo in/out-would be great to have this for those.
JohnLRice
nostalghia wrote:
You'd need to pick up a dual TS (mono) to TRS (stereo) 1/4" "Y cable" to go back from the stereo pedal outputs to the single stereo 1/4 jack on the aa1, but understandable design choice to fit everything on the panel of the module-they are spaced more tightly together on the ADDAC.
Yeah, I haven't tried one but it looks nice.

I suppose it's all too easy to sit back and criticize something someone else put a lot of time and effort into but, just in the spirit of mutual understanding and thoughts about design hihi cool . . .

* I think they could have put the 3.5mm jacks side by side and then had room for another 1/4" input jack. Sure it would have been more crowded and not as elegantly labeled but might have made it easier to patch with standard mono cables?

* I can understand that they may have gone with the same I/O style that they use on all their small pedals that use a stereo input jack and two mono output jacks (like El Capistan, DIG, etc) BUT I think they should have done it the opposite way on the AA.1 module! That way when patching between their own small pedals a single stereo/TRS cable and two mono/TS cables could have been used instead of needing two insert cables (dual TS (mono) to single TRS (stereo) 1/4" "Y cable" ). spinning
ersatzplanet
There is also the Industrial Music (formerly Harvestman) Black Locust:

cptnal
Anyone mentioned the SBG by ALM? It is but waffeur thin. Mr. Green
Agawell
op wants stereo...

I think the addac and the strymon are the only 2 that are stereo

the pros of the addac is that it uses normal TS cables for all i/o and is cheaper in europe

the pros of the strymon are that it is black (but this may be a con for some) and cheaper in the US

the cons of the addac are that it is more expensive in the US and is red (may be a plus for some)

the cons of the strymon are that you need a specialized (insert - so widely available) cable and that it is more expensive in europe
acidbabe
holy cow, the locust seems to be dual stereo though
lm13700
There is the 4hp stereo booster from blue lantern. 75.00. I have two of these. One for rack fx amplification, and another one for my mpc live. Works great.
Thinbishop
Don't forget the Intellijel Audio Interface II!

The knobs attenuate/amplify, and the meters look quite useful.
nostalghia
It's 10hp wide though, and looks like the OP has about 6hp available in his 42hp FX case seen in the image he posted. That would rule out the Black Locust as well.
Parnelli
I have a Strymon and it works great! I also have a Retro Mechanical Labs GPI which has two channels with mono inputs and stereo outputs. It also has attenuation on the inputs, unlike the Strymon, which I usually feed through an attenuator for volume control. They both work great!

Right now my only pedal is a Boss DD-7, but I'm looking at a reverb pedal as well.

I also use the Strymon to send another stereo signal to my mixer giving me two stereo mixes from the modular.
prphnc
Another option is the Ladik A-525.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/ladik-a-525
MG374
Thanks!! I think the ADDAC might be a good choice indeed.
Need to use the whole thing in order to get stereo from the stereo pedals though, but since it's a chain of 2 pedals it'd no problem.
MG374
nostalghia wrote:
It's 10hp wide though, and looks like the OP has about 6hp available in his 42hp FX case seen in the image he posted. That would rule out the Black Locust as well.

Indeed, the intellijel is excellent but way to big for my tiny set up
cackland
Intellijel Mixup.... Stereo In (Channel 3 - Attenuate the return), Stereo Out. 6HP, can chain multiple as a bus setup.
starthief
In 6HP:

2HP Trim for going out of the modular.
Circuit Abbey Gozinta (4HP) for boosting the signal coming back.

(I do mono to stereo through pedals, so I just use a channel of WMD/SSF Blender for the outgoing signal, and Gozinta coming back.)
MG374
Problem with alot of the mods like Intellijel mixup or 2hp trim (etc) is they use 3.5mm cables, not 1/4" and the need to buy extra special cables.
cptnal
MG374 wrote:
Problem with alot of the mods like Intellijel mixup or 2hp trim (etc) is they use 3.5mm cables, not 1/4" and the need to buy extra special cables.

...or adapters.
MG374
cptnal wrote:
MG374 wrote:

...or adapters.

I'd rather buy the appropriate mod with no extra charge for cables or adapters smile
xenosapien
Strymon AA.1 is ~149 Euros
ADDAC200PI is ~115 Euros
2hp Trim is ~35 Euros
Intellijel Mixup is ~95 Euros

... Doepfer Adaptercable 3.5 to 6.5mm:
7.90 Euros.

Not sure I follow your math.
hmmm.....

(I do share the sentiment though... adaptercables are added risk if they break and cannot be easily replaced in a pinch. Which is why I have backup adapter cables d'oh! waah )
xenosapien
double post.

(PLEASE move that stupid "quote" button away from the "edit" one...)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2